Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

That might be doable. Let me see how long it takes me to get the new frame on and we will go from there.. I will send you a private message.

Zeonprime

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Waterloo Ontario Canada
Member #

I'm pulling the trigger on the 270 in Orange and Black in March.

Thing is, I've looked at the brackets and I'm scratching my head on how it attaches to the bed rack (I can see how it bolts to the awning in the pictures).
It will be paired to a KB Voodoo 18" Long Bed Tacoma rack.

Starting to look at alternate awning mounts as a backup plan;

Reactions: @revStrong

Robert Dark

Rank 0

Traveler I

Miami
You guys should really quit buying those crappy awnings. My wife gave me one as a birthday present and it didn't last one single day at Cape San Blas here in Florida. It took more than 4 months to receive the awning. You can see that in their finishes, pure poop.

Long story short, i bought an awning from Arawakcamping.com for about 600$ shipping included to Florida and voilá: check out their finishes

2018-04-06-18-52-33-1.png

The mounting brackets are a little bit sturdier than arq's. Just a little

2018-04-06-18-52-29-1.png

2018-04-06-18-52-37-1.png

2018-04-06-18-55-38-1.png

It took one full month from Venezuela to Florida, it came through FedEx with no damage at all.

I'll probably install it tomorrow. Will post some pics for you to check it out.

Greetings from the sunny Florida.

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

@Scott Hey thanks for the review of this awning for a couple reasons one I was considering either purchasing one or making my own since I am a welder/fabricator but either don't have the time or resources to do everything and I will admit when someone has a product I can't compare with and will go that route. Secondly thank you for being showing the "decent welds" as a welder I can tell you that those are not decent welds along the inseam joint corner. There is a lot of run-off and a couple what we welders call "crater cap" which allows porosity in the weld integrity and can lead to failures. Granted this is not really a structural weld but in the event of really high winds if you were to have left it up and saw a lot of abuse(I'm sure you would have the common sense to close it up during these times lol) but constant wear on a weld with that much lack of attention to detail can lead to failures and cracks in the weld. I am sure it will be fine, I don't want to sway you to get rid of it and waste your money you know? Just some friendly advice from a welder.

Reactions: Oreo58

arq4wd

Rank 0

Contributor I

IMG_0103.JPG IMG_0102.JPGIMG_6338.JPG

Greetings to all, I hope you are well ..! We have really been reviewing each comment. And trying to extract the best from everyone, currently.! We are working on the latest version, the final version.! We have made a major purchase of industrial machines! Which makes our awning grow to the next level!

Forget the welding, forget the details ..!

Version 4.0 is going to be the best awning of all ..!

We send photos of our version 3.5 ..! If you like the 3.5, you will surely be amazed with the 4.0!

ARQ4WDIMG_6342.JPGIMG_6301.JPG

JB4TRUCKS

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Brea
First Name
JB
Last Name
Blakely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HM6HHK
When is it going to be available? And cost

JB4TRUCKS

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Brea
First Name
JB
Last Name
Blakely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HM6HHK
Will you be at the offroad show this weekend in Pomona?

OnlyTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley CA
Member #

View attachment 69871 View attachment 69872View attachment 69873

Greetings to all, I hope you are well ..! We have really been reviewing each comment. And trying to extract the best from everyone, currently.! We are working on the latest version, the final version.! We have made a major purchase of industrial machines! Which makes our awning grow to the next level!

Forget the welding, forget the details ..!

Version 4.0 is going to be the best awning of all ..!

We send photos of our version 3.5 ..! If you like the 3.5, you will surely be amazed with the 4.0!

ARQ4WDView attachment 69875View attachment 69876
If you guys can include an aluminum casing instead of vinyl that would be killer