pierceg

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Missoula, MT
Member #

Ordered on 3/24 delivered 4/24.
Def some mfg issues on the welding.
But unlike others I did recieve the fasteners in the wooden box.

Shipping via crappy shipping company. 1 piece of cardboard on each end. Wrapped in newspaper and then plastic.
Not a lot between the storage bag and plastic.

Zipper isn't to effed. I think I can fix that easily.

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

Looksgood but Missing something? can't see anywhere but Facebook,Instagram and no website to order?view products?? Thanks!
I ordered directly through IG's direct messaging. That's also where I viewed their products, but they also have a link to a Google Drive document you can check out.

I paid via PayPal (NOT friends & family) and did the waiting game. They are in Venezuela, so it's a toss up how long it'll take. Not sure if they're affected by all the turmoil happening out there, as their IG page is pretty positive.

Edit: You can also order through that Aiden James store (not going to link, google it) if you want to deal with someone stateside. But there's a markup for sure.

Xterra Trooper

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Colorado
Member #

How did you attach to your rack did you have to drill or anything. I have an xterra and thought about just mounting it to the stock rack
My arq awning finally arrived after some delays from dhl, who quite honestly is probably the worst shipping company on the face of the planet. The box arrived destroyed but luckily the only thing broken were the plastic end caps to cover the holes in the awning poles, which is no biggie to me. The welds on the mounting brackets are very sloppy but I have no doubt it'll hold up the awning just fine. I only got 3 mounting bolts but I got 5 washers and 6 nuts, so I'm not sure who is on thier hardware control but they failed. Luckily I had some of my own hardware to use. They tout on thier Instagram page that the hardware all come neatly packaged in a little wooden box... My hardware was loosely wrapped in plastic wrap, so it wouldn't surprise me if some of the hardware was lost in transit. Overall the awning welds looked decent, I installed the awning myself in about an hour, and it works great. I have some minor modifications I am going to do to make it more user friendly, like put a buckle on the far end that's over the tailgate to make it easier to tighten Up the entire awning when it's deployed. Overall for the money, I am more than satisfied. Durability remains to be seen. I didn't get a lot of pics but here is what I have...

Initial thoughts are this.. For the price it cant be beat, it's quick and easy to deploy and put away, and thus far the build quality looks good, especially for 1/3 the price of a foxwing.

Scott

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

arq4wd

Rank 0

Contributor I

all depends on the rack? there rack where is very easy, and other where is less easy, this publication is old, and thanks to this type of publications.! we have improved our awnings, the current model is neither the shadow of the first 270.! and we will continue to advance, for you.!

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I am just getting back to this. I have an upgraded awning structure as I had a failure of my original awning stucture. I have to find time to put the awning fabric over the new structure and put it back on the truck. Hopefully this weekend.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Which part failed
One of the poles that extends the awning outward failed. The awning was deployed, and a very slight gust came up and snapped the pole. @Truckerbizz and @O.Dfj. were there.. It was pretty comical, the slight breeze that snapped the pole. In all honesty, if I had it to do over again I probably wouldn't buy this brand, although their customer service has been good and they have taken care of my issues.

Reactions: Boort