Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Rich,

Any thoughts on a meet and greet for Folks near us this year?
Hello Patrick
I am thinking about a recurring meet that would be scheduled for maybe the last Saturday of each month. Not sure whether am or pm works best. The location is up in the air, we have a lot of people spread out across the valley. If you have thoughts I would love to hear about them, I have never set up anything like this, fairly new to being a member rep. I would be open to suggestions. I think somewhere in the area of 202/101 confluence(s/e valley), I know a member who has a Toyota shop near there and maybe we could use his shop‘ s parking lot to get started. It would be near freeway access. Maybe a coffee shop would work. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Pragmatic

Rank I

Contributor I

Florida, USA
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Grimes
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6RPX
Service Branch
US Navy Retired
When we're not in Florida or elsewhere, we're in southeastern AZ at ~5,600 feet near Ft Huachuca... Jeeps, 4x4 dually, AWD van, ATVs, 6x6 amphib, and a 4x4 tractor!

And a Hey! to neighbor member DaleRF

Reactions: DaleRF

JL MADDOG

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Apache Junction, AZ
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kahut
Service Branch
USAF
Checking in from Apache Junction. Since my last post I've spent quite a bit of time out and about on local trails such a Box Canyon, Bull Dog, Reymert Mine and others.

I have learned a lot but there is one thing I am struggling with which is navigation. I have onX Offroad on my phone, a Garmin InReach for satellite communications and a beginner's understanding of how it works. But, I need to learn a lot more about how to get maps, overlay different map types/sources and find my way.

Anyone have any good online sources or willing to run me through this essential skill?

Reactions: freak4life

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Checking in from Apache Junction. Since my last post I've spent quite a bit of time out and about on local trails such a Box Canyon, Bull Dog, Reymert Mine and others.

I have learned a lot but there is one thing I am struggling with which is navigation. I have onX Offroad on my phone, a Garmin InReach for satellite communications and a beginner's understanding of how it works. But, I need to learn a lot more about how to get maps, overlay different map types/sources and find my way.

Anyone have any good online sources or willing to run me through this essential skill?
Hello Michael, I am also working to improve my skills for nav’s. Have you tried Gaia?

Reactions: SimplyLesa

Camguti

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Gutierrez
Member #

19th ave and Greenway, near the horse track. Whoop whoop!

Checking in from central Phoenix! I see a few nice rigs around my neighborhood and wouldn't be surprised if others were on here also. Cheers.
Hello Stephen, which part of Phoenix are you located?
I’m near 20st and Greenway raceway.

Reactions: freak4life

Stephen-L

Rank II

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Leimgruber
Member #

[/QUOTE]
Hello Stephen, which part of Phoenix are you located?
I’m near 20st and Greenway raceway.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I’m just west of McDowell and the 51. Have been exploring a AZ and regionally in and old AWD Sienna last few years and finally made the Leap to a real overland capable rig this year with a well cared for 04 tundra I found.

Reactions: freak4life and RN J

SimplyLesa

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Witch Well, Arizona
First Name
Lesa
Last Name
NeSmith
Member #

Hi from Witch Well, Arizona
Apache County, north of St John's or Show Low and south of Sanders

Keeping it Simple

1998 Chevy Tracker 2 Dr, Rally Top, 235/17/R15 ATs, (working on budget build, just got mini 12V fridge .. have camping gear!)
I'd love to get out and go somewhere, I drive dirt roads daily but that's not a trip!

Last edited: