Phoenix, Arizona, United States
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Coming soon!
New member here! Have family property in Parker AZ, and 15 acres outside of Williams AZ! I have been doing a lot of work at the Williams property, but now building an overland rig and would be up for exploring more of this beautiful state!

Will be hitting the expo this year! About WEST — Overland Expo®
Hey Disco,
I am in the PHX area. Williams is where I do all my hunting. I only apply for the Units around Williams. I am building out a 2006 4Runner so I have a rig to take up there when I go hunting, fishing, and camping. I am willing to do some weekend trips around the state if your looking for another truck to join you?
V/R
R1A

AntipplFx4

Rank II

Traveler III

Florence, AZ
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
H
Member #

New member, located in kinda Florence, kinda San Tan, but more outside of them both lol. Beginner to offroad, would like to learn. Things like tire pressures, emergency bathroom options (bad stomach has really kept me from exploring much), and just learning vehicle capabilities.
I'm a hobby photo taker, been shooting for about 15-16 years and the main reason I've wanted to get out and adventure, along with a target shooter, finding open areas for some longer distance with no one around to trash it. I live within range of box canyon (Florence) and not too far from Bulldog but haven't tried either, not sure which is a good trail to begin on as I typically go out solo.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
New member, located in kinda Florence, kinda San Tan, but more outside of them both lol. Beginner to offroad, would like to learn. Things like tire pressures, emergency bathroom options (bad stomach has really kept me from exploring much), and just learning vehicle capabilities.
I'm a hobby photo taker, been shooting for about 15-16 years and the main reason I've wanted to get out and adventure, along with a target shooter, finding open areas for some longer distance with no one around to trash it. I live within range of box canyon (Florence) and not too far from Bulldog but haven't tried either, not sure which is a good trail to begin on as I typically go out solo.
Hello Jeremy, welcome to the OB community. For trail information try trailsoffroad.com I have found their evaluation of the ease of the trail to be accurate. I am an avid photographer also one of the main reasons for my 4Runner build.

Reactions: AntipplFx4

AntipplFx4

Rank II

Traveler III

Florence, AZ
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
H
Member #

Hello Jeremy, welcome to the OB community. For trail information try trailsoffroad.com I have found their evaluation of the ease of the trail to be accurate. I am an avid photographer also one of the main reasons for my 4Runner build.

Right on, thanks, I'll check that out I had a book for az trails but can't find it for the life of me lol

JL MADDOG

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Apache Junction, AZ
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kahut
Service Branch
USAF
New member here from Apache Junction. I am just starting to explore the overlanding lifestyle and, to be frank, I know nothing about it...yet.

I have a Jeep JLUS which will be getting a few mods done to it to protect some of the boxes underneath, add a winch and a few other tweaks. When it comes to comms, navigation, maps, GPS, overlanding gear, what I need and what I don't need...well...I'm lost but learning. :grinning: I will NOT wait to start exploring locally until I think I have everything I need. I will have the basic stuff handled and even a few things beyond basic needs. I know that understanding what I truly need will come with time on the trail and what those experiences teach me.

Looking forward to some adventures!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
New member here from Apache Junction. I am just starting to explore the overlanding lifestyle and, to be frank, I know nothing about it...yet.

I have a Jeep JLUS which will be getting a few mods done to it to protect some of the boxes underneath, add a winch and a few other tweaks. When it comes to comms, navigation, maps, GPS, overlanding gear, what I need and what I don't need...well...I'm lost but learning. :grinning: I will NOT wait to start exploring locally until I think I have everything I need. I will have the basic stuff handled and even a few things beyond basic needs. I know that understanding what I truly need will come with time on the trail and what those experiences teach me.

Hello Michael, welcome to the OB community.
For exploring try trailsoffroad.com
For maps Gaia.com
Your thoughts on getting out to see what you need is how I am doing it, welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: JL MADDOG

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM

Welcome to the fun. Just getting out there is the best approach it will teach you what you need and wont need on a very personal level.

Reactions: AntipplFx4

Constitutional_J

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Peoria, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Johnny
Last Name
van Vlimmeren
Member #

ArmySpartan58

Rank II

Contributor III

Peoria, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Reiber
Member #

I cannot believe we are still the only ones from AZ! I guess we need to recruit!
Hey folks. Just joined up. My wife and I live up in the Peoria area in Vistancia. Always looking for new folks to meet, wheel and do over landing stuff with. Reach out to me with any events or other stuff coming up. Can't wait to get involved.

Reactions: freak4life

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey folks. Just joined up. My wife and I live up in the Peoria area in Vistancia. Always looking for new folks to meet, wheel and do over landing stuff with. Reach out to me with any events or other stuff coming up. Can't wait to get involved.
Hello Dennis
Welcome to the OB community
My name is Rich I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey just moved to the area, looking to tag along on some tail runs in the area.
Hello Sean
Welcome to the OB community in Arizona
My name is Rich I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

Reactions: seansmd