AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Hi there! I'm Owen, in stationed at Luke and drive a 2001 Jeep TJ. I'm fairly new to overlanding, but on the few trips I've been on have gotten addicted.
Welcome. There are years and years of opportunities to explore AZ by itself. You would be amazed at how many back roads and trails exist. I should probably work on a Top 10 List just for AZ.

Sent from my iPhone expect typos, grammatical errors, and any other invalid excuse.

OwenR4968

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Glendale, AZ
Member #

Welcome. There are years and years of opportunities to explore AZ by itself. You would be amazed at how many back roads and trails exist. I should probably work on a Top 10 List just for AZ.

Sent from my iPhone expect typos, grammatical errors, and any other invalid excuse.
So far my personal favorite is Bulldog canyon out in Mesa, so many options in one area!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
So far my personal favorite is Bulldog canyon out in Mesa, so many options in one area!
Yep that's a good one.
Montana Mountain is great
Hassayapa Wash and Box Canyon out in Wickenburg is good
Many sections of the Great Western Trail and the Arizona BDR route are good
El Camino Del Diablo
Trails around Alamo lake are pretty neat
Lots of trails off of the 300 RD on the Mogollon Rim and east of Lake Mary Rd on the way to Flagstaff.
Punkin Center to Young and surrounding areas
Cherry Creek Road
Not my favorite but extremely popular (thus not my favorite) The Backway to Crown King
Sheep Bridge via Bloody Basin Road or Seven Springs from Scottsdale
FR231 North of Sedona

Plenty More!

I'm not an expert around the Tucson area but there are a lot of great trails down there.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I'm hoping to run El Camino Del Diablo when the weather cools down. Really looking forward to that after all I've seen and read about it. I'll create an event somewhere to see if others are interested in joining once I have a better idea of a date. Thinking some time in October/November

jcott329

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, MS
Member #

I'm hoping to run El Camino Del Diablo when the weather cools down. Really looking forward to that after all I've seen and read about it. I'll create an event somewhere to see if others are interested in joining once I have a better idea of a date. Thinking some time in October/November
This has been on my list for a while now!

Reactions: brien

OwenR4968

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Glendale, AZ
Member #

Anyone going to be in the flagstaff area this weekend? I'll be camping at Ashurst lake and probably hitting Cinder hills loop trail

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk