Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Just checking to see if anybody is interested in taking an off-road Adventure today?
Your trip sounds super fun, I wish I could join you but we have TWO kid birthday parties that we have to shuttle our kids around to this weekend :|

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

If you look on Overland bound trip planning in the Forum I'm also planning a trip to Zion National Park Labor Day weekend I will be leaving the Wednesday night the 30th after work getting up to the Grand Canyon finding a place to camp and then continuing on to Zion this will be a first for me never seen the Grand Canyon or Zion all welcome. Looking forward to be off the grid with the OB family

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Short notice /Anybody interested in an adventure today I will be heading to DuPont cabins to hike through a lava tube and visit the cabins owned by The Dupont family it will be a 45 mile Trail all are welcome leaving in a few hours please contact ASAP if you are attending or would like to

Rexx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

East Mesa, AZ
Member #

Short notice /Anybody interested in an adventure today I will be heading to DuPont cabins to hike through a lava tube and visit the cabins owned by The Dupont family it will be a 45 mile Trail all are welcome leaving in a few hours please contact ASAP if you are attending or would like to
How was the trail? I ended up cruising through punkin center, wasn't the plan but just worked out that way

Rexx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

East Mesa, AZ
Member #

That's a bummer, but summer just started, plenty of time left. I'd be up for an excursion at a later date

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

I still go out every other weekend if I can camping or off-roading it just something came up this weekend that I just couldn't make my own plans so I try to go as much as I can all year round

Reactions: tritonl

Rexx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

East Mesa, AZ
Member #

I still go out every other weekend if I can camping or off-roading it just something came up this weekend that I just couldn't make my own plans so I try to go as much as I can all year round
I hear ya, winter is a little harder for me with the kids, so take advantage of summer all I can, black canyon lake this weekend

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

Moving from Michigan to Mesa in July. Not sure exactly where yet, but we think we want to buy a house near Red Mountain High School. I hope to meet up for some weekend adventures shortly after we get there. Can't wait to do some real overlanding in the mountains!

Reactions: Rexx

Ron Clark

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Another one from Surprise Az. Retired and looking to get out as often as possible.

My rig is currently in Texas getting a full rebuild.

"02 Excursion 7.3 Power Stroke. Bunch of mods done.
Dana 60 Axle with Timkin hubs
4" BDS lift (total of 9" including the factory ride height)
Fox Twin tube shocks with remote reservoir
Fox double steering stabilizer
Road Armor LoneStar bumper
Warn winch 12k
ARB Lockers, front and rear
ARB Twin compressor
52" curved roof light bar
20" Light bar on bumper
Custom head lights, driving lights and fog lights from PIAA
Just rebuilt transfer case, front diff and rear diff
35" Nitto Trail Grappler tires
17" Rockstar III wheels
New stage 8 brakes and rotors from EBC
New body color (was black) now Desert Tan

I hope to have her back in about two weeks!

Rexx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

East Mesa, AZ
Member #

Moving from Michigan to Mesa in July. Not sure exactly where yet, but we think we want to buy a house near Red Mountain High School. I hope to meet up for some weekend adventures shortly after we get there. Can't wait to do some real overlanding in the mountains!
I'm just up the road from red mountain, easy access out of town!

Rexx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

East Mesa, AZ
Member #

Another one from Surprise Az. Retired and looking to get out as often as possible.

My rig is currently in Texas getting a full rebuild.

"02 Excursion 7.3 Power Stroke. Bunch of mods done.
Dana 60 Axle with Timkin hubs
4" BDS lift (total of 9" including the factory ride height)
Fox Twin tube shocks with remote reservoir
Fox double steering stabilizer
Road Armor LoneStar bumper
Warn winch 12k
ARB Lockers, front and rear
ARB Twin compressor
52" curved roof light bar
20" Light bar on bumper
Custom head lights, driving lights and fog lights from PIAA
Just rebuilt transfer case, front diff and rear diff
35" Nitto Trail Grappler tires
17" Rockstar III wheels
New stage 8 brakes and rotors from EBC
New body color (was black) now Desert Tan

I hope to have her back in about two weeks!
Me and my wife are currently looking to buy an early 2000 excursion, need something bigger with 3 kids and 2 dogs lol. Sounds like you have an awesome build

Reactions: Fatguyinalittlejeep

Ron Clark

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rexx, I have had mine for about 11 yrs. Seems that there is a new interest in Excursions. I have had dealerships try to buy it as wells as parking lot offers almost every week.

The good thing is that they can be pretty cheap. Mine was very beat up. Runs great but really shows years of hard use. I was a search and rescue helo pilot and my truck is really being decked out for SAR work.

The build has been a nightmare from the start. I am in well over $20k at this point. But when you figure that I got it used for $32k and have driven it 290,000 miles it is actually a bargin. If I went to a dealer and tried to buy something similar it would cost me about $80k and I would still have to put $10k into it is specialized gear.

Reactions: tritonl

Westsroadshow

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

West, AZ, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello Ron, i'm excited to see your Jeep back. I'd love to see photos. I have ties to surprise my mother is in Sun City West.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
New happy hour meetup at the end of July. All info is on Meetup.com AZ Overlanders
Sat. July 29th