Arizona Overlanders

• HTML tutorial

DonLVOS

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Surprise, Arizona
Member #

I'm out in Surprise as well. My wife has a 2006 Armada, but my hope is to outfit a nice JKU at some point to get to the next level. I'd love to see what you have planned.
Nothing too crazy in the works, the lift and tires are done and and it's about as capable as I need for the places I go. A winch and some armor are on the list but my first priority is a trailer. It's pretty tight when it's loaded up with the family and dog plus camping gear.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Just got back from doing a bunch of the AZ sections of the Great Western Trail. The one from near Vermillion Cliffs to near Jacob Lake was really good. Great hill climb and views.

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

There's a trail off of punkin Center its a 45 mile loop . There is also a 1 mile lava tube you can hike through . Im a new member just joined yesterday.

Reactions: jeepdaze

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Camping tonight at Dupont cabins also going to hike through a 1-mile lava tube that is in the area will be there for 2 days all interested in coming or welcome more overlanders to better always

Attachments

Reactions: brien

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Short notice camping trip Dupont cabins also a 1-mile Lavatube to hike through 2 day trip the more overlanders to better all welcome

Rexx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

East Mesa, AZ
Member #

Well shoot, can't make it now lol. I know the area, I like to camp in Gisela just over the mountain in rye. I've hunted through that area, don't recall the name though

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Well shoot, can't make it now lol. I know the area, I like to camp in Gisela just over the mountain in rye. I've hunted through that area, don't recall the name though
it's an awesome spot in the Ponderosa Pines the cabins are cool they're all run down and there's an actual Lavatube that you can hike through it's about a mile long I've never been there just found out about it this will be my first trip I might go early tomorrow morning instead of tonight and just camp out one night plans are kind of slipping away from me tonight

Rexx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

East Mesa, AZ
Member #

it's an awesome spot in the Ponderosa Pines the cabins are cool they're all run down and there's an actual Lavatube that you can hike through it's about a mile long I've never been there just found out about it this will be my first trip I might go early tomorrow morning instead of tonight and just camp out one night plans are kind of slipping away from me tonight
That looks like an awesome trail, I'll have to do some more looking, any idea if 4x4 is required?

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Not quite sure I've seen YouTube videos where Jeep dirt bikes and quads have gone out not sure exactly how technical it is don't think it's anything too hard