Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I'm bummed I won't make up the next AZ Overlanders meetup this Saturday, but hope to meet many of you in the future. How much interest is there in a meetup at some point in the future for those in the Tucson area, like myself? I'll gladly try to put something together, otherwise I'll hopefully make it up to the next Phoenix area meetup.

Pointman

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

What's up guys? West Valley soon to be in Chandler. Looking forward to getting into the outback of Arizona.
Some of my to gets are: Spare tire/rim. I have the tire. Replace my soft top with a hard top to accommodate a RTT. Roof rack, bumpers, winch etc, etc, etc and the list goes on. I should have bought a boat.

Attachments

WhiskeyIsMySpiritAnimal

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Scottsdale AZ
Member #

North Scottsdale checking in.

Would love to get out there and meet some people as my wife and I are both transplants.

Rocking a 2017 Subaru Forester at the moment, so depending on the terrain won't be able to keep up with the Jeep / FJ / 4Runner crowd. But we're down for anything relatively easy.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
North Scottsdale checking in.

Would love to get out there and meet some people as my wife and I are both transplants.

Rocking a 2017 Subaru Forester at the moment, so depending on the terrain won't be able to keep up with the Jeep / FJ / 4Runner crowd. But we're down for anything relatively easy.
The meetup I just scheduled would be fine in your Forester.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Not my event but I think I'm going, This upcoming 4/29 Saturday,

Adventure Mobiles + Coffee
Saturday, April 29, from 8am - 11am
http://www.fourtillfour.com/events/

7105 East 1st Ave., Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Sounds like a pre-drool event before the big drool event (Overland Expo West) I'll see what time I get up in the AM. Have to take care of a few things before I could head up but looks very cool.....

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I'm hoping to make this meetup, anybody else in the Tucson area attending? We could meet up early morning and caravan up together if so.

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Couple of plugs - (1) this is a great thread and super psyched that AZ folks are so active; and (2) would love to get something in AZ going routinely as part of the SW Region growth. I am in Albuquerque, but def want to make it over to AZ for a meetup. The Regional Ambassadors (I am for Southwest) and HQ are working on allocating some swag and stuff for area meetups / events / organized rides / etc. so could / would be a lot of fun. Now, knowing that AZ gets a little "warm" in the summer months, is there a sweet spot for timing to have something planned?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Couple of plugs - (1) this is a great thread and super psyched that AZ folks are so active; and (2) would love to get something in AZ going routinely as part of the SW Region growth. I am in Albuquerque, but def want to make it over to AZ for a meetup. The Regional Ambassadors (I am for Southwest) and HQ are working on allocating some swag and stuff for area meetups / events / organized rides / etc. so could / would be a lot of fun. Now, knowing that AZ gets a little "warm" in the summer months, is there a sweet spot for timing to have something planned?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
We just deal with it. Most folks just head north to get to higher elevations and cooler temps.

I'm a one many army with AZ Overlanders at the moment. My friend who was helping is moving away. Being solo with no backup it makes it difficult to plan, organize, and run everything. Ideally there would be 4-5 folks helping me. It's much easier to follow than lead. I totally get that since I participate in a few other groups where I just get to sit back and enjoy things. Although many times I step up and act as the Tail Gunner for other groups trips.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I'm a one many army with AZ Overlanders at the moment. My friend who was helping is moving away. Being solo with no backup it makes it difficult to plan, organize, and run everything. Ideally there would be 4-5 folks helping me.
@1Louder I'd love to volunteer myself to help out if you don't mind that I'm down south. I've organized and lead a few runs down here and try to get out and adventure at least a couple times a month. I'm currently starting to plan some longer and more ambitious trips as well.

@Ryan Matthes a regularly scheduled SW regional event sounds awesome, I'd love to get involved with that, too.

Reactions: Ryan Matthes

llibrm

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Convection Oven AZ
Member #

The event tomorrow sounds like fun but my boys final baseball game is at 930. So Wont be making that. Hope to hit up some lockhart meadow here in the near future though. Snow in flagstaff earlier today. Sucks for fishing but great for keeping temps at bay.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
@1Louder I'd love to volunteer myself to help out if you don't mind that I'm down south. I've organized and lead a few runs down here and try to get out and adventure at least a couple times a month. I'm currently starting to plan some longer and more ambitious trips as well.

@Ryan Matthes a regularly scheduled SW regional event sounds awesome, I'd love to get involved with that, too.
If you make it next weekend let's talk then.

Thanks,
Chris

Reactions: brien