Are you a day tripper, Weekender, Weeker, Full Timer?

• HTML tutorial

I am mostly...

• Total voters

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Checking in with this thread again; nice to see it still going.

I'm considered a full-timer. Right now, though, I'm hunkered down on the coast of Maine. I'm regearing, re-organizing van & trailer, doing some van interior mods, and taking care of website/blog stuff before the next long adventure across North America.

Since my previous post in this thread, about a 3 week gear-gathering trip that ended up being 16 weeks / 12,500 miles, I've been on the road exploring and camping almost constantly.

I camped around New England all summer and fall 2018 with only the oddball weekend in a house, then headed out mid Oct 2018 for a longer adventure. Hit the Rooftop Tent Rally in VA but had to cancel plans for both Overland Expo East and Appalachian Rendezvous due to vehicle probs on the road and securing parts for damaged gear.

After laying in frozen parking lots for days in Ohio working on things, I was ready for warmer weather. I headed further south and west and ended up being gone, this time, for 34 weeks / 17,000 miles. I spent Thanksgiving and Christmas on the road and didn't get back to Maine until Father's Day in June. Spent a day or two at the house, then headed out camping almost all summer and fall 2019, right up to 1st of Nov.

Now I'm anxious as all get out to be gone again, though have some shit needs to get done so I can stay out longer and more efficiently. This next trip may last a year, looks like, though I travel best when there are no definite plans.

borderlandswindstorm-0206-1000crop.jpg

Last edited:

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
I am really more of a Day Tripper, but will set up a base camp at a campground for a week or so, and just leave from there every day, exploring different trails in the area.

Reactions: DevilDodge