ARB awning and room

• HTML tutorial

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

I have the Arb 2500 awning and wanted to get the room, wish they still made the room with the windows tho.
I'm looking for options on a room to use mainly like a mudroom / changing and area for my pups to hang out

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Out of curiosity, did the Darche Xtender 2 attach easily to the ARB awning?
Just for additional info, you can use the Foxwing awning extensions with the ARB awnings. You need to buy the Rhino Rack double zipper adapter thingy that slides into the ARB awning channel. I run that setup. It’s awesome! You can use it as a windbreak or have a 16ft awning if you use some poles and guy it out.

IMG_1978.JPG

IMG_1979.JPG

IMG_1980.JPG

And I apologize if I posted these previously in this thread!

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Just for additional info, you can use the Foxwing awning extensions with the ARB awnings. You need to buy the Rhino Rack double zipper adapter thingy that slides into the ARB awning channel. I run that setup. It’s awesome! You can use it as a windbreak or have a 16ft awning if you use some poles and guy it out.

View attachment 109558

View attachment 109559

View attachment 109560

And I apologize if I posted these previously in this thread!
Nice! gonna have to look into that. That looks like an awesome setup!

Reactions: sabjku

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

Here is Australia there are lots of knock off versions of the ARB tent - I have one for the 2.5 x 2m awning and picked it up on sale for about $150 AUD.

Have used it once - it is a bit of a pain to set up by myself but that is due to carrying some old injuries but if two people are doing it, it is really easy.

Also, the only other issue is the height inside, I am 190 cm (6'3") tall and my head rubs on the roof when standing up but this isn't a biggy.

Overall, works for me and I like it.

Some photos below for reference.

Karl

2019-07-06 4WD - 001-Edit.jpg

2019-07-06 4WD - 002-Edit.jpg

2019-07-06 4WD - 004-Edit.jpg

2019-07-06 Astro - 011-Edit.jpg

Reactions: sabjku

Buckaroo

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Bramley, Rotherham, South Yorkshire Forest, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
CB Handle: Buckaroo, UK FM Ch.30
I have the ARB 2500, I have both the early and late rooms to go with it, there are pro's and cons for both rooms.
Early room, windows zip down but not across the bottom, blows a hoolie in there in the slightest wind. There is only one exit point which isn't always convenient.

Late Room. multiple exits, zips on everything, mosquito nets on everything too with zippers. wind dont get in but leaks like a collendar through the zips.

The awning itself can be setup in less than 2 minutes by one person, great bit of kit. Now that stockist have replacement poles has made it a better choice.

The only real fault I can pick with it are the strength of the aluminium poles, not very strong when pulled out to the 2500mm.

ARB also sell side and front windbreaks for these things.
A small design flaw is you cannot have the front wing attached at the same time as the room ....unless you add an extra C channel to the front edge.
camp minton.jpg