Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Anyone have one? Likes, dislikes and best place to buy it?

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I have the 2500 awning and older awning room with floor as well. Absolutely one of my favorite setups! Like Chuck said, easy setup and easy take down. I almost prefer it over my roof top tent as far as sleeping quarters. It's nice to set up a cot, have a table inside, setup the Mr. Buddy heater, and still have room to stand and walk around when you wake up in the morning. And when you're not using the room, it's instant shade and shelter.

Highly recommend!

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
I have the Dobinson's brand awning and it is great. (I think they are all about the same.) I don't have the room yet but I will get one eventually so it will be similar to my RTT annex and provide addition options when camping or hanging out.

Reactions: RickLB and sabjku

Will I Am

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Layton, Utah
Member #

Anyone have one? Likes, dislikes and best place to buy it?
The Best Prices I have seen on the ARB with complete side room has been from https://www.4wheelparts.com/ I have had the ARB RTT for a very long time sold it a year ago and now going to get another one for the New rig hands down it has been the best bang for the bucks, could be a little better for extreme cold weather

Attachments

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Also check out autoanything.com. Sign up for emails. They do 20% off coupons frequently, and most of the time they work on ARB awnings and awning rooms. The coupons will not work on other ARB products though.

Will I Am

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Layton, Utah
Member #

Also check out autoanything.com. Sign up for emails. They do 20% off coupons frequently, and most of the time they work on ARB awnings and awning rooms. The coupons will not work on other ARB products though.
Yes however 4 wheel Parts for the Same price also includes ARB Simpson III Annex and Autoanything does not or at least will tell you that (I called them 4 weeks ago asking)

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Yes however 4 wheel Parts for the Same price also includes ARB Simpson III Annex and Autoanything does not or at least will tell you that (I called them 4 weeks ago asking)
Good to know. Unless I misunderstood your post, the original poster is asking about the ARB Awning and awning room and not the roof top tent.

Honestly, ARB controls the pricing anyway. Almost everyone is the same price, all the time, at least as far as advertised price. They have to be, or ARB will not allow them to sell their product. I only mention autoanything because they CONSTANTLY send out 20% off coupons:grinning:

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thanks everyone. I got the room and just waiting for the awning to be delivered. Going to try it out this month at Tybee Island

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Thanks everyone. I got the room and just waiting for the awning to be delivered. Going to try it out this month at Tybee Island
Let us know how you end up liking the setup.

You may already know this, but if it happens to rain on you lower the height of one of the awning poles so the water can easily run off to that corner vs. collecting in the center of the awning. I even put a bucket on that lowered corner to collect the water for washing things. [emoji106]

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
We did a test run setup and that awning and room are very simple to setup. I think it will be a great addition for us. We depart Thursday for Tybee so time will tell.

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
I keep inching towards the ARB awning and room attachment. Really like the versatility of it.

Seems it would be marginally easier to set up as compared to my stand alone tent and the thought of being able to pull off the road while traveling, set up just the awning and enjoy a meal or the scenery in the shade is huge here in Texas.

Biggest bonus to me, versus a RTT, is that my camping companion is usually my Lab, who sleeps with me in the tent. No way I'm messing with trying to get her up and down a ladder in the middle of the night for a pee break. :-)

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I keep inching towards the ARB awning and room attachment. Really like the versatility of it.

Seems it would be marginally easier to set up as compared to my stand alone tent and the thought of being able to pull off the road while traveling, set up just the awning and enjoy a meal or the scenery in the shade is huge here in Texas.

Biggest bonus to me, versus a RTT, is that my camping companion is usually my Lab, who sleeps with me in the tent. No way I'm messing with trying to get her up and down a ladder in the middle of the night for a pee break. :-)
You just mentioned all of the right reasons for going with the ARB Awning and room. You will absolutely love the setup. You can not beat the ARB room prices either......awesome bang for the buck.

Free-Roemer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ammon, ID, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Roemer
Member #

I just ordered a darche Xtender awning tent today to attach to my arb awning. I’ll have to let you know how it works when it comes in.

Reactions: darjo242 and sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I just ordered a darche Xtender awning tent today to attach to my arb awning. I’ll have to let you know how it works when it comes in.
Interesting...didn't realize those two were interchangeable. I guess the Darche tent uses the same sort of zipper attachment as the ARB? I like the tent setup!

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Good to know. Unless I misunderstood your post, the original poster is asking about the ARB Awning and awning room and not the roof top tent.

Honestly, ARB controls the pricing anyway. Almost everyone is the same price, all the time, at least as far as advertised price. They have to be, or ARB will not allow them to sell their product. I only mention autoanything because they CONSTANTLY send out 20% off coupons:grinning:
I tried that with them. They would not let me use the 20% off for anything ARB. Ended up gettting my ARB 2500 awning from Amazon for $289.99 It was the same price but free shipping. I don't believe Autoanything was offering free shipping at the time. They may now though.

Reactions: Nickzero

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I tried that with them. They would not let me use the 20% off for anything ARB. Ended up gettting my ARB 2500 awning from Amazon for $289.99 It was the same price but free shipping. I don't believe Autoanything was offering free shipping at the time. They may now though.
Oh man, what a bummer. It USED to work on ARB awning, and rooms, because that's where I got mine. I even tried it a few weeks ago on a mosquito room from ARB and it worked. I could see where they exclude ARB though because ARB is very price protective.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

I tried to use the coupon online and it would not accept it. I then called them and talked to a human and was told that the coupon did not apply to ARB. Granted this was 5-20-18 If I can get 20% off on the awning room from them now I'll jump on that though.

theMightyGoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Gossett
Member #

We have the ARB 2500 and fully enclosed room. We use a separate tent to sleep so the room is a bit more than we need. I got it as a shelter for our kitchen because cooking in foul weather sucks. It works well for that purpose but the bulk is considerable. I will likely switch to the wind walls which will be much easier to manage.