Anyone Have an Overland Vehicle Systems RTT?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Viking1204

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Member #

I've been searching for a RTT for quite some time now, my budget is on the low end so I've been going back and forth between a Smittybuilt or Ruff Stuff tent to keep it around the $1k range. While searching for RTTs on Amazon I came across a nice tent it seems from Overland Vehicle Systems, the Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic 3 Extended Rooftop Tent. It's a 3 person tent slightly larger than those offered by Smittybuilt or Ruff Stuff with a lot of features at the price point I'm looking at. Problem is when I search online there is not a lot of information on this company, they have a nice Facebook page but their company website is blocked by my work Proxy server. I can't even find a YourTube video so I'm guessing they are fairly new. Based on the description I'm considering taking the plunge but if anyone has had experience with them please let me know good or bad? Yes I searched on here and didn't find anything.

Last edited:

Dave K

Rank III

Advocate II

California, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
K
The lack of reviews gives me hesitation. Have you looked at used RTTs in your area? Always tons where I am. Many hardly used at all, in great shape and within asking price of the referenced tent.

Viking1204

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Member #

Absolutely no used ones in my area, Florida is not a big Overlanding state. Company is based in California, checked out their Facebook and customers seem to be happy. I went ahead and took a chance, I've read negatives good things about Smittybuilt and Tuff Stuff and originally was going to go with one of them. I took a chance and ordered one, guess I'll be the first to review one here and other places! I also liked the fact it was gray and will match the color of my truck LOL!

Viking1204

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Member #

I pulled the trigger on the Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic 3 yesterday through Amazon and their 18 month no interest offer! It is scheduled to arrive August 15th as long as I can be present to sign for it. I figure with Amazon it's a no risk purchase, if it doesn't match the description I can send it back. I know Smittybuilt only has a one year warranty and I can't find the warranty info for the Tuff Stuff RTT. Overland Vehicle Systems RTT has a 4 year warranty.

bmwguru

Rank VI

Enthusiast III

Indiana
Member #

I pulled the trigger on the Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic 3 yesterday through Amazon and their 18 month no interest offer! It is scheduled to arrive August 15th as long as I can be present to sign for it. I figure with Amazon it's a no risk purchase, if it doesn't match the description I can send it back. I know Smittybuilt only has a one year warranty and I can't find the warranty info for the Tuff Stuff RTT. Overland Vehicle Systems RTT has a 4 year warranty.
As long as the company is still around in 4 years should you have an issue. Some of these new "overlanding" companies don't last very long. Hopefully you will not have any problems. One thing I will give Smittybuilt is that they have indeed been around a long time.

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Member #

As long as the company is still around in 4 years should you have an issue. Some of these new "overlanding" companies don't last very long. Hopefully you will not have any problems. One thing I will give Smittybuilt is that they have indeed been around a long time.
I did check out their Facebook page and website before pulling the trigger. They actually have a few nice products they offer for Overlanding I'd be interested in buying once I pay off the RTT! My goal is to pay it off long before the 18 months no interest plan is up.

ChepoCDT

Rank VI

Enthusiast I

Mexico City
First Name
Chepo
Last Name
CDT
Member #

Great! you are going to love it!!! I bought the smittybilt overlander XL and its great!
I couldn't wait more than a day to install it! LOL