Anyone have a Jetboil Genesis Base Camp 2 Burner System?

• HTML tutorial

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

So I've got a line on a Jetboil Genesis Base Camp 2 Burner System for $167 bucks (brand new) which is a steal! But I'd still like to hear from someone who has this unit or has used it.

Please let me know if you have any experience with this specific unit.

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 8.07.43 PM.png

Thanks in advance.

Eric AKA Jeepsies

Last edited:

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

So I've got a line on a brand new Jetboil Genesis Base Camp 2 Burner System for $167 bucks (brand new) which is a steal! But I'd still like to hear from someone who has this unit or has used it.

Please let me know if you have any experience with this specific unit.

View attachment 65857

Thanks in advance.

Eric AKA Jeepsies
Tagging @sabjku, cause I know he has one. I’ve also seen a few images on here on different threads of other owners.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Tagging @sabjku, cause I know he has one. I’ve also seen a few images on here on different threads of other owners.
Thanks @NovaBound !

@Jeepsies , I HIGHLY recommend the Genesis stove, especially at that price. I got mine for like 30% off on Moosejaw, and that was good enough for me to purchase it.

I bought the Genesis system for a few different reasons. The way it stores within itself makes it compact enough to fit in my ARB drawers and take up little space, which was very important to me. It has EXCELLENT burner control. You can really dial in how much flame you're cooking with, which is real helpful when you're trying to not overcook things. Most propane stoves really lack good quality burner control. The auto ignite function is really nice and works very well too. It's also incredibly easy to clean as well-everything disassembles easily, and goes right back together just as easily.

I've used it for simply boiling water, frying eggs, bacon, big steaks, veggies, pasta, all kinds of stuff.

I've never needed to add a third burner but it's nice knowing that you could.

Bottom line, I really like it, and have no regrets spending the money on it. I'd buy it again for sure.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Thanks @NovaBound !

@Jeepsies , I HIGHLY recommend the Genesis stove, especially at that price. I got mine for like 30% off on Moosejaw, and that was good enough for me to purchase it.

I bought the Genesis system for a few different reasons. The way it stores within itself makes it compact enough to fit in my ARB drawers and take up little space, which was very important to me. It has EXCELLENT burner control. You can really dial in how much flame you're cooking with, which is real helpful when you're trying to not overcook things. Most propane stoves really lack good quality burner control. The auto ignite function is really nice and works very well too. It's also incredibly easy to clean as well-everything disassembles easily, and goes right back together just as easily.

I've used it for simply boiling water, frying eggs, bacon, big steaks, veggies, pasta, all kinds of stuff.

I've never needed to add a third burner but it's nice knowing that you could.

Bottom line, I really like it, and have no regrets spending the money on it. I'd buy it again for sure.
You sure you aren’t a Jetboil operative? Lol!

Seriously, that’s a great testimony. Read this to my wife tonight and she’s given the green light. She said that she knew I’d be picking most of our gear, but she basically told me to stay out of her kitchen haha. So she had the say on this piece.

Thanks for the nudge.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

You sure you aren’t a Jetboil operative? Lol!

Seriously, that’s a great testimony. Read this to my wife tonight and she’s given the green light. She said that she knew I’d be picking most of our gear, but she basically told me to stay out of her kitchen haha. So she had the say on this piece.

Thanks for the nudge.
Ha! I promise! I had been looking at the Genesis system for quite awhile.

Glad to hear the wife gave you the green light! You'll both enjoy it!

tenebs

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Margy
Last Name
Green
Member #

So I WAS a very proud owner of the Genesis Basecamp system and I loved it. BUT Then the failures started. They use proprietary connectors so no field replacement. Now owned by Johnson Controls if you call and tell them you just need a particular oart they refuse to sell it to you. They insist you send it back for engineering evaluation and then they will repair for a fee. I've had multiple failures on different parts that I could replace if I could get parts. I had enough and bought a Partner Steel cook partner stove and a magma nesting pot set. I wish I would have gone that route from the very beginning. No regrets with my new setup.

Reactions: The Lone Overlander