Anybody try FVP AGM batteries?

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Kansas City, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Martel
I’m needing to put a new battery in 2014 F150, it’s a 65 series. I priced out a Odyssey Extreme for $250 or I can get FVP AGM through one of the vendors we use for $150. Didn’t know if I should bite the bullet and buy the Odyssey or save $100 and try the FVP out.

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
I've had several Odyssey batteries over the years and they were great. Who or what is FVP?

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
OK, thanks, must be a "local" brand I don't think we have them here.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Never heard of FVP, however they are made by one of two companies Deka or Johnson controls. The price point screams Johnson Conttol. I have the Auto Zone version of the JC battery and hey, 6 years old and still going strong.. I do run a Bluetop for fridge etc in a dual system.

Contributor I

Kansas City, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Martel
Never heard of FVP, however they are made by one of two companies Deka or Johnson controls. The price point screams Johnson Conttol. I have the Auto Zone version of the JC battery and hey, 6 years old and still going strong.. I do run a Bluetop for fridge etc in a dual system.
Thanks for the input! I decided to give it a shot, especially when my local rep manager sold me one for $50! His way of saying thank you for buying from them. So if all seems to go well I may get a second one after while to do a dual battery setup.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Thanks for the input! I decided to give it a shot, especially when my local rep manager sold me one for $50! His way of saying thank you for buying from them. So if all seems to go well I may get a second one after while to do a dual battery setup.
I used two of em for 5 years without fail in my dual set up. I got a fridge las summer then I got the blue top to increase my amp hours. The old agm is on my bench being maintained..