Halethorpe, MD
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Newbie near Catonsville. I'm a beginner hoping to find some nearby trails and progress from there.

Dave Alvord

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hagerstown, MD, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Alvord
Hey Dave, know of any good trails out that way? I've been out to Green Ridge and Michaux before but that's all pretty tame.
Yeah it is tame, and since GRFS is closing roads left and right due to wash outs, its becoming more tame...I've been scouring the forums and hotlinks though....The route that I had posted on with the road closures was actually good route....I'm interested in doing it if I can find some company....it went down through George Wash Forest and GRSF.......also, I've found that Sleepy Creek WV has some trails to run, can search youtube and see what I'm talking about.....its not drastically far from my part of MD, maybe 45 min........Michaux has to have some trails that I haven't seen....I've been on some old loggers "accidentally" up around Long Pine Run Reservoir (the lake at Caledonia St. Park).

https://www.appalachianbyway.com

or

https://www.gaiagps.com/public/TAfanGVd5MDFfFG8x1qtrzwE/TAfanGVd5MDFfFG8x1qtrzwE?layer=mapquestaerial

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomadik Nova

jasonbhaller

Rank III

Advocate I

Baltimore, MD, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Haller
New Member here in Harford county. Booked a guided trip in April. Looking for some local trails to get started and test out my rig, camping setup and packing list leading up to the trip.

KAC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hunt Valley, Cockeysville, MD, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB3TYX
Welcome from Northern VA/DC!
Good to see all these Maryland people! Always willing to hit the trails. We're in the Hunt Valley area.

Don't miss the trip we're setting up on April 13 at Peters Mill (it is a Rally Point). Looking for wheelers of all abilities. If you're new, this is the lowest pressure way to get into it. All skills and rigs (including bone stock) very welcome.

jasonbhaller

Rank III

Advocate I

Baltimore, MD, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Haller
Good to see all these Maryland people! Always willing to hit the trails. We're in the Hunt Valley area.

Don't miss the trip we're setting up on April 13 at Peters Mill (it is a Rally Point). Looking for wheelers of all abilities. If you're new, this is the lowest pressure way to get into it. All skills and rigs (including bone stock) very welcome.
I misdsed this! how can we get more involved locally? looking for some easy wheeling and more remote camping within a couple hours of Baltimroe.

Would love to join a group.