Sortor

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Sortor
Member #

Not vegan but I'll ask the wife tonight we have a few "meatless" meals we make I'll get the recipes for you

Sent from my XT1635-01 using OB Talk mobile app

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

I don't have a chicken Alfredo recipe but I'll bet I can come up with something.

When I travel I have Seitan already made and I'll heat it up for sandwiches. I do pre cook tofu scramble so I can make tacos. It keeps really well in the cooler for a few days and is a nice treat for breakfast. Most of our travel foods are fruits and trail mixes so cooking is minimal.

"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
-Nietzsche

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

I don't have a chicken Alfredo recipe but I'll bet I can come up with something.

When I travel I have Seitan already made and I'll heat it up for sandwiches. I do pre cook tofu scramble so I can make tacos. It keeps really well in the cooler for a few days and is a nice treat for breakfast. Most of our travel foods are fruits and trail mixes so cooking is minimal.

-Nietzsche
Just made some Seitan tacos the other night. Love that suff!

Veritablehatter

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boston, MA
Member #

Not personally, but I have a buddy who did a tofu scramble breakfast burrito thing that was very solid.

Think tofu scramble + bean salad with red onions, green onions, tomatoes + greens + hot sauce.

Never been one for vegan cheese, but if there's a kind you like I'm sure that'll go well in that with a flat bread wrap.

Was protein and calorie dense. Pretty tasty. Good before a hike.

Reactions: Schake and SCrunner

Veritablehatter

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boston, MA
Member #

Advantage of a good bean salad is it's pretty easy to pack and keeps well.

All the pre ingredients for pea soup can also be dehydrated, measured, and stuck in bags.

Also, I'm not 100% certain, but I think trader Joe's has vegan friendly Indian food packets that don't need refrigeration. Again, good with flat bread or rice.

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

I'll post some recipes to this thread as I get time.

-Nietzsche

Reactions: SCrunner