Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Virginia
First Name
michael
Last Name
morris
Member #

looking to build my 2012 nissan frontier crew cab looking for halp with info on parts ideas places in va to go overlanding

Reactions: JimInBC

SCSawman

Rank 0

Traveler I

I have been slowly building a 2013 Frontier PRO4-X over the last couple of years, great platform and there is surprisingly some decent equipment out there for them. I would say the first thing to look at is the suspension and there is no better place than www.nissteclifts.com . Overlanding rigs typically get heavy quick and thee factory suspension is barely adequate for stock weight and off-roading. You can see the current state of my truck and I am working on a rear storage setup now with Whynter dual zone freezer and dual-battery setup. Glad to see someone else giving the tested Frontier a go at overlanding!Frontier.jpg

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

In Australia they are called the Nissan Navara D40.

Mine is a 2010 Thai build - built in Thailand and not Spain.

It is a 2.5 litre turbo diesel with the 5 speed automatic gearbox and I have had it from new and it is just about to clock 250 000 km.

I have fitted an ARB Bullbar, side rails and steps and just recently a rear wheel carrier (no photos yet with it on).

The engine has had an ECU tune and a catch can fitted and I have a Long Ranger 70 litre auxiliary fuel tank fit - (150 L of fuel in total).

The suspension is ARB Old Man Emu with a 40mm lift and I am running Cooper ST Maxx 265 x 75 x R16 tyres.

The rear canopy is by Flexiglass and I have a set of Outback Accessories drawers and a MSA fridge slide.

I have just fitted front and rear lockers to it - 4WD Systems auto locker in the front and a Harrop E locker in the rear.

I have the Redarc 12/40 DC-DC battery charger and the second battery is in the rear tub.

I hope to get some better photos of it this weekend but here are a couple below.

Karl

2019-06-15 4WD - 003-Edit.jpg

2019-07-06 4WD - 004-Edit.jpg

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

2018 SV 4X4
I order off-road item soon after I bought it, this past September. The build began as the items arrived.
This truck is so nice to drive and even with the suspension upgrades, the rides quality is great.

IMG_3451.jpg

Reactions: Bigt8ter

mtn_nic

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Huntsville
Member #

Love It! Where Did you get your Rack for the rtt?

1574707407275.png

Reactions: Bigt8ter