Any Hunters Among Us?

• HTML tutorial

3ilnouri

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Kuwait
Member #

Well here in the middle east hunting in the 1960's has wiped out everything not for me as a hunter it's seasonal for bird but I've been trying to go to South Africa for the past 3 years but not everything goes as planned

Sent from my E6833 using OB Talk mobile app

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Anyone else here like to hunt? What and where do you hunt?

I'm currently in TX so I hunt the hill country a lot. I'm a freezer filler, never cared much about trophies, just want to feed my family with the highest quality free range, grass fed, organic meat I can. Typically hunt dove, white tail, hogs and turkey.
Here is the thread I belong in! Would love to hear some advice for good hunting while overlanding and how you guys setup your rigs for it! This will be the main purpose of my rig is to go out and sit for a day or two and hunt. Kind of like the show MeatEater!

PA Hunter, I have hunted Waterfowl in KS and that is so far my favorite. Looking at a boar hunt soon in the Carolinas and a Bear hunt in Canada!

Reactions: Wilson123

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Well here in the middle east hunting in the 1960's has wiped out everything not for me as a hunter it's seasonal for bird but I've been trying to go to South Africa for the past 3 years but not everything goes as planned

@3ilnouri - What is hunting like out in that part of the world? I used to be somewhat knowledgeable on it but stopped researching it when I found out the expense for it first. But I have realized evening here in the US there are some many "huntable" animals and game animals I knew nothing about!

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Here is the thread I belong in! Would love to hear some advice for good hunting while overlanding and how you guys setup your rigs for it! This will be the main purpose of my rig is to go out and sit for a day or two and hunt. Kind of like the show MeatEater!

PA Hunter, I have hunted Waterfowl in KS and that is so far my favorite. Looking at a boar hunt soon in the Carolinas and a Bear hunt in Canada!
Love that show. Steven Rinella is more the kind of hunter I am. Backcountry hunting is amazing. Frustrating at times, but amazing. Don't get to hunt like that much here in Texas, not enough public land.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using OB Talk mobile app

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

@cjones Yea sadly Netflix does not want to hold onto all of the seasons currently only 5 and 6 are on it. I want to watch the earlier seasons but no luck thus far. I love the fact it has educational value, not just watching someone hunt. The cooking episodes, butchering episodes, all awesome!

3ilnouri

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Kuwait
Member #

@3ilnouri - What is hunting like out in that part of the world? I used to be somewhat knowledgeable on it but stopped researching it when I found out the expense for it first. But I have realized evening here in the US there are some many "huntable" animals and game animals I knew nothing about!
Well it's mostly wing shooting, wild pigeons, quail. But I've stopped hearing from a cousin of mine that works environmental department that the numbers are decreasing rapidly.

Now I go out in the season to trap hawks, falcons, eagles, its more fun to see the dive down to thier pray. Mostly it cache and release. Until I get the one that will pay me well some of these birds will get you 60 grand.

The things that people do to these birds are unreal the bird that got into all of this was an eagle that didn't fly well seeing it from a distance drove after it for 15 minutes, until it had no energy left in it, a friend of mine held it down in a way that it couldn't hurt it self and found a tin can tide to its leg cut the sting holding it and set it free.

Reactions: SeguineJ

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Well it's mostly wing shooting, wild pigeons, quail. But I've stopped hearing from a cousin of mine that works environmental department that the numbers are decreasing rapidly.

Now I go out in the season to trap hawks, falcons, eagles, its more fun to see the dive down to thier pray. Mostly it cache and release. Until I get the one that will pay me well some of these birds will get you 60 grand.

The things that people do to these birds are unreal the bird that got into all of this was an eagle that didn't fly well seeing it from a distance drove after it for 15 minutes, until it had no energy left in it, a friend of mine held it down in a way that it couldn't hurt it self and found a tin can tide to its leg cut the sting holding it and set it free.

@3ilnouri 60 Grand?! I need to come take a trip out there haha.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

@cjones Yea sadly Netflix does not want to hold onto all of the seasons currently only 5 and 6 are on it. I want to watch the earlier seasons but no luck thus far. I love the fact it has educational value, not just watching someone hunt. The cooking episodes, butchering episodes, all awesome!
Yeah, I ended up buying the seasons. Well worth it to me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: SeguineJ

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

My latest deer hunt was a bust deer wise. But I still managed to get 150 bucks out of it (see what I did there?).
View attachment 15912
Sure do... My brother has been coyote hunting quite a bit right now here in MA. We have a lot of land behind my house so it's a great spot. He even captured them mating on his trail cam - haha.