Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
In CA here. Trying hard for a public land pig with no luck. Will be giving it another try at the end of the month.

cam_toyota_tech

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

No luck this year on public land for me. Got a doe with the Game Wardens that had to be put down, so got something in the freezer for the season.

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
BLM land on the way to coalinga. Followed the creek up to the springs but with all the water lately I'm sure they pigs are happy to stay in nearby private property. Good hike for a Saturday morning. Tied a trash bag on my way out and cleaned what I could find

cam_toyota_tech

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Anyone else here like to hunt? What and where do you hunt?

I'm currently in TX so I hunt the hill country a lot. I'm a freezer filler, never cared much about trophies, just want to feed my family with the highest quality free range, grass fed, organic meat I can. Typically hunt dove, white tail, hogs and turkey.
Hey how are you doing. I love to hunt. I haven't hunted deer or such yet just dove, quail, duck geese. Some day the big stuff.

Reactions: MA_Trooper

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I just got my new Matthews bow outfitted yesterday - so excited for archery season this year! I have all summer to practice. But first, turkey season starting in April. Hope you all are doing well and that folks will post their harvests to this thread - also the overlanding to get to the locations. Best of luck and blessings for an ethical and fair season.

Reactions: SeguineJ

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

I just got my new Matthews bow outfitted yesterday - so excited for archery season this year! I have all summer to practice. But first, turkey season starting in April. Hope you all are doing well and that folks will post their harvests to this thread - also the overlanding to get to the locations. Best of luck and blessings for an ethical and fair season.
I'll be out for Spring gobblers. Once the weather warms up here plenty of pictures of all sorts coming.

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

My bow needs a little adjusting. Will probably do that this week so I can go take care a friends hog problem.
Awesome! I just need to practice now and be more comfortable with pulling back 70 lbs. Hahaha! I plan to practice all summer in preparation for the fall season. I will not hunt shotgun in MA, it's a lot easier and for the life of me I cannot understand why they allow driving deer? My brother says it's best to stay out of the woods for those two weeks - too many yahoos in the woods who want to just kill. I may do muzzleloader though, just need to buy one.

Turkey is first though!

Reactions: WrightRunner

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Awesome! I just need to practice now and be more comfortable with pulling back 70 lbs. Hahaha! I plan to practice all summer in preparation for the fall season. I will not hunt shotgun in MA, it's a lot easier and for the life of me I cannot understand why they allow driving deer? My brother says it's best to stay out of the woods for those two weeks - too many yahoos in the woods who want to just kill. I may do muzzleloader though, just need to buy one.

Turkey is first though!
I doubt I will have the space since we will probably rent when we move, for the first year. Would be cool to get together if you have archery space? I could use the practice. Been a long time since I have bow hunted.

I can't believe they allow deer driving. Is there a rifle season in mass or just shot/muzzle?

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I doubt I will have the space since we will probably rent when we move, for the first year. Would be cool to get together if you have archery space? I could use the practice. Been a long time since I have bow hunted.
I can't believe they allow deer driving. Is there a rifle season in mass or just shot/muzzle?
I have a lot of space and actually a great place behind my house for deer hunting. I'll be setting up some targets and can even practice from my deck to simulate being in a tree stand. Yes, they allow driving for 2 weeks during shotgun season. Basically guys get together and drive these rather small (sorry, but everything in MA is small to me) patches of woods and just shoot deer. There is no rifle season in MA for deer, only bow, shot gun, and muzzle loader.

Reactions: SeguineJ

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

I have a lot of space and actually a great place behind my house for deer hunting. I'll be setting up some targets and can even practice from my deck to simulate being in a tree stand. Yes, they allow driving for 2 weeks during shotgun season. Basically guys get together and drive these rather small (sorry, but everything in MA is small to me) patches of woods and just shoot deer. There is no rifle season in MA for deer, only bow, shot gun, and muzzle loader.
Sounds like 3 NE overlanders that could do a hunting trip together. Sit in the woods somewhere camp it out over night and such and hopefully slay wild game during the day.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Sounds like 3 NE overlanders that could do a hunting trip together. Sit in the woods somewhere camp it out over night and such and hopefully slay wild game during the day.

Indeed. And I have access to a cabin in Pittsburgh NH. Some great hunting up there.