Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
I'm a lifelong hunter, everything from rabbits and squirrels to elk. I'll be putting in for big horn sheep and deer next month I already have a late season tag for antlerless elk this fall.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I'm a lifelong hunter, everything from rabbits and squirrels to elk. I'll be putting in for big horn sheep and deer next month I already have a late season tag for antlerless elk this fall.
Absolutely!
Archery and Rifle.
Love It!

Reactions: 64Trvlr

GoodSid

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Lincoln County, NM, USA
First Name
Sid
Last Name
Goodloe
Member #

Mainly big game meat hunter here. Also varmints when needed to reduce pops. started my hunting in Kenya East Africa as a toddler and went on many safaris... I was only allowed to hold the gun and keep the vultures off while my parents went for the vehicle! Ha! never got to actually hunt as we moved back stateside. Big fan of venison, elk and sheep meat. Have done some bird hunting. Not big on it.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Mainly big game meat hunter here. Also varmints when needed to reduce pops. started my hunting in Kenya East Africa as a toddler and went on many safaris... I was only allowed to hold the gun and keep the vultures off while my parents went for the vehicle! Ha! never got to actually hunt as we moved back stateside. Big fan of venison, elk and sheep meat. Have done some bird hunting. Not big on it.
Kenya!? How awesome!
My wife and I hunt deer here locally, both Archery and Rifle.
We Love It.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I've been hunting most of my life. However the past few years have been few and far between as my work has gotten busier and busier. Mainly Deer, Hog & Pheasant is my game but I'm always interested in more game. Just wish I had more time for all my hobbies haha.

TangoRomeo7688

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
Yes, here.
I hunt in south-west German territory. Love the fact of best quality meat. Trophies aren't my goal to go.
I also love to be outside and connect to nature.

Reactions: DaleRF

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Scouting for my sheep hunt has been my priority since the first of July. I’ve neglected every responsibility I have and it is not going to stop anytime soon. I have all of august to continue looking and trying to relocate what I have found so far. I am having a blast “hunting” without my rifle so far. Waiting impatiently for season to open. I’ve walked my ass off in some pretty nasty country. I’ve learned the value of trekking poles. I’m definitely thankful that I spent the money when I was young and single on world class optics. The first rams I spotted were over a mile away. As of this last trip I have three rams spotted that i will feel blessed if I have an opportunity to harvest one of them, including what I, and others, believe to be the biggest ram in my unit. C75536B6-D50E-4DF6-9482-A6A0BB753A56.jpeg
The top ram in this photo is the third largest ram I have seen. This picture was taken at over a mile. Right now I believe this is the best looking ram I have seen.
9B4B629A-6EB7-48DE-8A0B-0A96A88253BA.jpeg
The ram in the middle of this photo is the biggest ram in my unit. There is one with him that will be the number 2 ram.

They are so much fun to watch. I’ve enjoyed looking at them all my life. The thought that I will be hunting them in a month is still unreal.

Reactions: 64Trvlr and DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Scouting for my sheep hunt has been my priority since the first of July. I’ve neglected every responsibility I have and it is not going to stop anytime soon. I have all of august to continue looking and trying to relocate what I have found so far. I am having a blast “hunting” without my rifle so far. Waiting impatiently for season to open. I’ve walked my ass off in some pretty nasty country. I’ve learned the value of trekking poles. I’m definitely thankful that I spent the money when I was young and single on world class optics. The first rams I spotted were over a mile away. As of this last trip I have three rams spotted that i will feel blessed if I have an opportunity to harvest one of them, including what I, and others, believe to be the biggest ram in my unit. View attachment 205800
The top ram in this photo is the third largest ram I have seen. This picture was taken at over a mile. Right now I believe this is the best looking ram I have seen.
View attachment 205801
The ram in the middle of this photo is the biggest ram in my unit. There is one with him that will be the number 2 ram.

They are so much fun to watch. I’ve enjoyed looking at them all my life. The thought that I will be hunting them in a month is still unreal.
Totally understand.
I wouldn't trade in my Swarovski Binos for anything.
Those are great looking Rams!
Best of Luck!

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Two days before sheep season I loaded all my camping gear in my dodge. Loaded my optics and hunting pack along with my 2 favorite rifles in my Tahoe and put it on the trailer. With as many sandy roads as there were in my area and as rocky as the country was, the Tahoe just seemed to fit the bill a little better. Made it to Orovada Nevada and had a few hours to check a few places I had yet to look in to. All I succeeded in doing was cross a few areas off my list. Day before season I went to check in on a few rams I had looked at previously. Saw lots of lambs and ewes. Opening morning I decided to be on top of the mountain glassing all the draws and canyons running down. 1st spot of the day turned up 28 ewes lambs and a couple of really young rams. 3rd trek of the day I found 7 more lambs and ewes that seemed to follow me across the mountain for a good portion of the day. Ended up with over five miles on foot that day. Day 2 started with locating 4 rams. After a 3 mile stalk that took almost 5 hours, a simple roll in the contour of the hill, the big ram in the bunch snuck out on me without being seen at 75 yards. I watched his 3 buddies walk over the same hill through my binos. Had a rough idea where they went but decided not to push them anymore that day. After getting back to the Tahoe and a couple hours of glassing I found 9 more rams including the ram I had thought was the largest ram in the unit. After getting a real good look at him I realized the ram I had stalked that morning was quite a bit bigger. Day 3 I was able to relocate the 4 rams from the day before. With absolutely no way to physically get to them I spent the day watching them and comparing photos of them to rams I had previously seen. Watched them bed down for the day and headed back to camp a little early. My dad, and brother, both of which had been with me the whole time, and I met my wife in camp that night. Day 4 at dawn I spotted 4 rams. The same four I had been chasing. The big ram in the bunch was broomed off on the left side. #2 was damn near as big but he was not broomed off. Either ram, given the chance, I would be ecstatic to have a chance to harvest. At 7:30 that morning my stalk started. At 10:30 I started crawling over the final ridge. At 228 yards I had 3 of the rams visible and 1 of the 2 rams I had targeted was in my cross hairs. I couldn’t tell if he was the bigger ram or the prettier ram, as both of them had right horns that were not broomed. As I said earlier I would be happy with either I decided to take my shot. With my wife, dad and brother all watching through the spotting scopes, my shot connected behind the front shoulder. As he spun 90 degrees looking straight at me I put round 2 right into his chest. He took a total of 3 steps before he died at 10:58.

Last edited:
Reactions: 64Trvlr and 9Mike2

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

As I walked up on him, I realized I had just shot the biggest ram I had seen all summer. While waiting for for my family to join me, every emotion possible hit me. My uncle, my dads brother, had passed away five years earlier. He was the hardest hunting man I had ever met and loved sheep hunting. At his funeral we were all given a vial of his ashes to spread where we wanted. I stated on that day that I would be saving mine until I could take him sheep hunting. So after the mandatory photo session, with my dad standing there, I finally got to spread my uncles ashes. The field care and pack out were brutal but completely worth it. It’s a day I will never forget. Some photos I will share. Others are for family enjoyment only. My apologies for that. E4F00156-510B-480F-8898-C1DF5CFCB772.jpeg
F7257AF5-42DB-4B37-8C88-5B791DF73938.jpeg