Any Hunters Among Us?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

64Trvlr

Rank V

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
AKA 64 Trvlr
Member #

Ham Callsign
KK7NAZ
I'm a lifelong hunter, everything from rabbits and squirrels to elk. I'll be putting in for big horn sheep and deer next month I already have a late season tag for antlerless elk this fall.

GoodSid

Rank I
Adventure

Member I

Lincoln County, NM, USA
First Name
Sid
Last Name
Goodloe
Member #

Mainly big game meat hunter here. Also varmints when needed to reduce pops. started my hunting in Kenya East Africa as a toddler and went on many safaris... I was only allowed to hold the gun and keep the vultures off while my parents went for the vehicle! Ha! never got to actually hunt as we moved back stateside. Big fan of venison, elk and sheep meat. Have done some bird hunting. Not big on it.

DaleRF

Rank VI

Member III

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7JDA
Mainly big game meat hunter here. Also varmints when needed to reduce pops. started my hunting in Kenya East Africa as a toddler and went on many safaris... I was only allowed to hold the gun and keep the vultures off while my parents went for the vehicle! Ha! never got to actually hunt as we moved back stateside. Big fan of venison, elk and sheep meat. Have done some bird hunting. Not big on it.
Kenya!? How awesome!
My wife and I hunt deer here locally, both Archery and Rifle.
We Love It.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Sjo527

Rank IV
Adventure

Member III

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham Callsign
Testing Soon ;)
I've been hunting most of my life. However the past few years have been few and far between as my work has gotten busier and busier. Mainly Deer, Hog & Pheasant is my game but I'm always interested in more game. Just wish I had more time for all my hobbies haha.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Contributor I

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
Yes, here.
I hunt in south-west German territory. Love the fact of best quality meat. Trophies aren't my goal to go.
I also love to be outside and connect to nature.

Reactions: DaleRF

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Scouting for my sheep hunt has been my priority since the first of July. I’ve neglected every responsibility I have and it is not going to stop anytime soon. I have all of august to continue looking and trying to relocate what I have found so far. I am having a blast “hunting” without my rifle so far. Waiting impatiently for season to open. I’ve walked my ass off in some pretty nasty country. I’ve learned the value of trekking poles. I’m definitely thankful that I spent the money when I was young and single on world class optics. The first rams I spotted were over a mile away. As of this last trip I have three rams spotted that i will feel blessed if I have an opportunity to harvest one of them, including what I, and others, believe to be the biggest ram in my unit. C75536B6-D50E-4DF6-9482-A6A0BB753A56.jpeg
The top ram in this photo is the third largest ram I have seen. This picture was taken at over a mile. Right now I believe this is the best looking ram I have seen.
9B4B629A-6EB7-48DE-8A0B-0A96A88253BA.jpeg
The ram in the middle of this photo is the biggest ram in my unit. There is one with him that will be the number 2 ram.

They are so much fun to watch. I’ve enjoyed looking at them all my life. The thought that I will be hunting them in a month is still unreal.

Reactions: DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VI

Member III

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7JDA
Scouting for my sheep hunt has been my priority since the first of July. I’ve neglected every responsibility I have and it is not going to stop anytime soon. I have all of august to continue looking and trying to relocate what I have found so far. I am having a blast “hunting” without my rifle so far. Waiting impatiently for season to open. I’ve walked my ass off in some pretty nasty country. I’ve learned the value of trekking poles. I’m definitely thankful that I spent the money when I was young and single on world class optics. The first rams I spotted were over a mile away. As of this last trip I have three rams spotted that i will feel blessed if I have an opportunity to harvest one of them, including what I, and others, believe to be the biggest ram in my unit. View attachment 205800
The top ram in this photo is the third largest ram I have seen. This picture was taken at over a mile. Right now I believe this is the best looking ram I have seen.
View attachment 205801
The ram in the middle of this photo is the biggest ram in my unit. There is one with him that will be the number 2 ram.

They are so much fun to watch. I’ve enjoyed looking at them all my life. The thought that I will be hunting them in a month is still unreal.
Totally understand.
I wouldn't trade in my Swarovski Binos for anything.
Those are great looking Rams!
Best of Luck!