Norman Park, GA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4OSP
We have a medium size farm for our area. I hunt whitetale, turkey, quail, dove and ducks. I am fortunate enough to guide quail hunting here in Southwest GA and keep a small kennel of pointers with one English cocker. Lately I have been into hunting ducks on the Forgotten Coast of FL. Tons of divers and we hunt from kayaks. We can leave South GA around 3:30 and be on the gulf before sunrise. I have also found and interest in bow hunting for bear in North Ga.

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

6FE03C37-10B5-401A-81C8-F4E848B5F7D8.jpeg Deer season opens this coming Saturday morning, so I was out setting up camp this weekend. This is our hunting area, a big piece of landlocked BLM land behind my buddies ranch. There was a big wildfire on the mountain in the background this summer, so hopefully it pushed some deer our way. Last time there was a big wildfire we had our best year ever.

amateurhour

Rank III

Advocate II

Is that a TVM Flintlock?

I've got a frankenHawken I built with a custom curly maple stock, custom .54 barrel, and it's got the vernier tang sight like the Quigley Down Under rifle.

I've also got a CVA Kit flintlock, a blunderbuss, and enough parts to probably make two more. Love muzzleloaders.

Jahmi

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hunting has always been a part of my life.

I grew up in Michigan, spent 7 years in Southern California and now live in TX. I've haven't hunted TX yet but this is my second year with an out of state License for Arkansas, for $350 you get 6 deer Tags, 2 Turkey , 1 Black Bear and thousands upon thousands of acres of public land. Spent last week roaming the Forest Service Roads scouting for hunting spots. Will be back up there for Black Power Deer and Bear late October. I'm mainly a solo hunter but other are always welcome in camp.

Bionic Randy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pipe Creek, Texas, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Tipton
Member #

Service Branch
Army
8E8BA5C0-DEE5-4BAD-B871-EC1051C6B939.jpeg Fellow Texas hill country hunter here. My profile picture was taken enroute to one of my hunting spots! The only meat I have bought at the grocery store in about 6 years is chicken about twice a month. I hunt and trap hogs year round, exotics every time I get the chance and I spend a LOT of time in the woods during deer season. I have never had permission to hunt anywhere with trophy bucks, but this guy showed up on at my spot last year. He would be a cull on most of the fancy ranches around here, but he is a trophy for me. I hunted 51 days primarily for him, finally put him in my truck Dec 20th.

Seth Vernon

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Vernon
Member #

I'm in Coastal NC and we hunt waterfowl, quail, dove, turkey, deer and hogs. We are fortunate to have vast tracts of public land and our rigs are perfect for accessing so many of these hunting opportunities.

Supercracker

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

NE Florida
Member #

Is that a TVM Flintlock?.
The Rifle and the smoothy I made from scratch. The double gun is an original Belgian gun that I sometimes hunt with. It's in too good of condition to leave in the safe, but then I take it out and I'm like "it's too nice to beat up in the field". lol

JPM78130

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Braunfels, TX
First Name
Joe
Last Name
McGlothlin
Member #

Anyone else here like to hunt? What and where do you hunt?

I'm currently in TX so I hunt the hill country a lot. I'm a freezer filler, never cared much about trophies, just want to feed my family with the highest quality free range, grass fed, organic meat I can. Typically hunt dove, white tail, hogs and turkey.
Heading out to Junction in a couple weeks for deer. I don’t really wing shoot anymore.

Lowranger

Rank II

Enthusiast II

CIMG6373.JPG My wife and I both hunt here in Northern California. We do go out of state about every other year.
We have a lot of Blacktail deer here....hard deer to hunt, but we usually do pretty good. Use to have a lot of hogs on the ranch, but not so many right now.....they'll be back (I hope). Also both mountain and valley quail and lots of Turkeys. My wife got a nice elk a couple years ago in Idaho.

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

took this 8pointer off my farm last Saturday during opening day of Arkansas Muzzleloader Season. He was working a rub line when I called him in. That 496gr. lead slug called " The Trashcan " developed by Jeff Weedling of IN. flat knock his world to the ground. The shot placement couldn't be any more picture perfect.

Muzzleloader: White Super 91-1 w\custom Mauser safety, Caliber .504. 3 shot group @ 100yards 1 bullet cut the same hole
014.JPG
43756467_1878511162197749_3576841492729167872_n.jpg 43829082_1878511242197741_9129451032055644160_n.jpg 43788752_1878511668864365_8854528629250457600_n.jpg

Last edited:

Wag

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Durango
Member #

View attachment 71276 My wife and I both hunt here in Northern California. We do go out of state about every other year.
We have a lot of Blacktail deer here....hard deer to hunt, but we usually do pretty good. Use to have a lot of hogs on the ranch, but not so many right now.....they'll be back (I hope). Also both mountain and valley quail and lots of Turkeys. My wife got a nice elk a couple years ago in Idaho.
Really nice bull ! Congrats to her!!

Wag

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Durango
Member #

The wife and I hunt archery elk out here Colorado. Had little ones a few years ago so we've only gotten to go a few times recently. But they are getting older so much easier to go in the future.

T.Shack

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Red Bluff Ca.
Member #

I use to I got so tired of the people on there quads driving around with the fire arms loaded & chucking their empty beer cans out in the wilderness.

Wag

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Durango
Member #

I use to I got so tired of the people on there quads driving around with the fire arms loaded & chucking their empty beer cans out in the wilderness.
Yeah and now they've been replaced by the side by sides.