Justin Lee

Rank 0

Traveler I

Pensacola, FL, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Lee
I grew up hunting white-tails in Alabama, mostly with a bow. Since moving to Central Texas, I love, freaking love turkey hunting! What have I been doing all these years!? I am having a really hard time finding hunting around the San Antonio area, because 105% of Texas is privately owned. I will be getting in the drawing for Camp Bullis this year. If I get it, I would be more than happy to take someone in a similar situation with me. Texas has so much to offer and I am proud to be here, but I see the hunts out west and north and cant imagine the things you guys must see. Best of luck to everyone this season, be safe.

Reactions: 9Mike2

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I grew up hunting white-tails in Alabama, mostly with a bow. Since moving to Central Texas, I love, freaking love turkey hunting! What have I been doing all these years!? I am having a really hard time finding hunting around the San Antonio area, because 105% of Texas is privately owned. I will be getting in the drawing for Camp Bullis this year. If I get it, I would be more than happy to take someone in a similar situation with me. Texas has so much to offer and I am proud to be here, but I see the hunts out west and north and cant imagine the things you guys must see. Best of luck to everyone this season, be safe.
I know that struggle (private Texas). I was lucky enough to have a close friend with a ranch in the hill country. Could hunt there whenever.

Alaska.hermit

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger II

Wasilla, Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Alaska, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Morriss
Member #

Service Branch
Us Army (retired)
Lately, and probably the rest of the time I am able to hunt will be moose, caribou, occasionally black bear and if the opportunity arrisses dalsheep, and bison.

I live in AK and don’t plan on leaving any time soon.
I hunt to fill the freezer, but don’t mind a nice rack if the opportunity arises.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

New to the forum here and hunting. But been shooting for many years.

I have been out on a couple of deer hunts in South Carolina the last couple years, but nothing close to home here in NOVA. Anyone in or from the Northeast and can recommend any choice spots? I'm interested in filling a freezer and not necessarily out for a trophy.

Reactions: 9Mike2

Robert Jordan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Grass Valley, CA
Member #

I am an avid hunter and LR Shooter. Both competition back in the day and for leisure. Pretty much if it flies or walks it dies lol...But not everything that flies or walks...have to read the regs and be conscious of what critters are around you.

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

I am an avid hunter and LR Shooter. Both competition back in the day and for leisure. Pretty much if it flies or walks it dies lol...But not everything that flies or walks...have to read the regs and be conscious of what critters are around you.
I hear you! Awhile back , hunting at Wister NWR in the Salton Sea area, I had a couple guys trying to figure out what bird they shot. I had to show them form the book that they shot a Female Cinnamon Teal, they didn't believe me because we don't see many here in Low Cal

Robert Jordan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Grass Valley, CA
Member #

I hear you! Awhile back , hunting at Wister NWR in the Salton Sea area, I had a couple guys trying to figure out what bird they shot. I had to show them form the book that they shot a Female Cinnamon Teal, they didn't believe me because we don't see many here in Low Cal
I hate when people go hunt and just shoot at the movement without knowing what they are actually shooting. Do not hunt without knowing what your target is and how to properly identify what you are looking at. You could make a massive mistake.

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I’ve been hunting in Southern California for about 10 years now, for deer and quail. In those years I have just 1 deer in zone D19. Deer hunting in so cal is tough. I did win the draw for zone D17 in the Mojave Preserve 2 years ago, had a great time, but no deer. Didn’t win the draw the last 2 years, so hopefully next year I’ll get to deer hunt the Mojave. Quail hunting the Mojave is great fun too, I have a few good spots there, perfect for over landing and bird hunting.

amateurhour

Rank III

Advocate II

Well don't be too envious.

I had a small doe get close to my stand but not nearly close enough to get an ethical shot (she was at a bad angle)

I did however have a hawk land on a branch about five feet from my face and just watch me for a while, which was pretty cool.

Supercracker

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

NE Florida
Member #

I love hunting. Mostly pigs and birds here in Florida and SE Georgia. Haven't been able to get out much in the last few years though. Different schedule now, so that's about to change.

I used to hunt just with a longbow. But I messed up my shoulder and was no longer able to practice everyday. So I put down the bow for hunting and started using traditional muzzleloaders (Flintlocks) and found out I enjoy that just as much if not more. With flint rifle you still have to get quite close and with a flint smoothbore you need to get very nearly into longbow range.

Nice eating size Georgia pig

My boy Bismark (doofus #2) with some Florida Quail taken with a late 18th century style flintlock smoothbore. It's great fun to have people proclaim "you'll never hit anything with that" and then outshoot them. :grinning:

My other boy, Jeager (doofus #1) with more Florida quail.

Locked onto some snipe. I love the sight of that.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I love hunting. Mostly pigs and birds here in Florida and SE Georgia. Haven't been able to get out much in the last few years though. Different schedule now, so that's about to change.

I used to hunt just with a longbow. But I messed up my shoulder and was no longer able to practice everyday. So I put down the bow for hunting and started using traditional muzzleloaders (Flintlocks) and found out I enjoy that just as much if not more. With flint rifle you still have to get quite close and with a flint smoothbore you need to get very nearly into longbow range.

Nice eating size Georgia pig

My boy Bismark (doofus #2) with some Florida Quail taken with a late 18th century style flintlock smoothbore. It's great fun to have people proclaim "you'll never hit anything with that" and then outshoot them. :grinning:

My other boy, Jeager (doofus #1) with more Florida quail.

Locked onto some snipe. I love the sight of that.
Absolutely love the old rifle and smooth bore shotgun!
Its neat that people still run that old hardware. Ive always hunted with a 54 cal hawkings rifle. The 21 years hunted that has always been my favorite. Never bow hunted. Like eating the meat to much to. So always wanted something I know would kill game. guided hunters for six years so got my fair share of those archery hunts. The black powder rifle you still have to stalk an hunt but it made a big ol hole! Like the black beard flag profile picture too. Gotta love some edward teach style!