Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Wood
Member #

I've been a long time hunter. Mostly pursue game with archery tackle these days in VA. I've hunted MT archery elk once, what a blast that was! I hope to get back out west next fall.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: Westsroadshow

JM8610

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Olive Branch, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Miles
Member #

found a threat I do know something about haha. (Joke at my novice skills of 4x4 off reading which I hope to remedy with the help of OB) grew up hunting in the delta of north western Mississippi. Hunting what I can the 3D's. Deer duck and dove. Would love to branch out some day and attempt hunting else where. Looking into possible hunting duck in Arkansas this year.

IMG_0502.JPG IMG_0521.JPG

Bulldoug

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Canadian Rockies, 'Berta, Canada
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Broich
Living up in Sask Canada, the amount game to hunt is unreal. You just gotta go looking for it, and put in the hard work. Hoping to get drawn for Speed Goats this year, never had the change to hunt one before.
Here is my son and I in 2012 with the 243" n change WT i took after hunting 45ish days looking for it, i knew it was out there just would never show itself. Finally met my muzzleloader one day. Magasine cover with the two biggest WT deer taken in 2012 in Saskatchewan, my non typical and the typical.
Db
IMG_1556.JPG IMG_1296.JPG

JWOOD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Wood
Member #

Living up in Sask Canada, the amount game to hunt is unreal. You just gotta go looking for it, and put in the hard work. Hoping to get drawn for Speed Goats this year, never had the change to hunt one before.
Here is my son and I in 2012 with the 243" n change WT i took after hunting 45ish days looking for it, i knew it was out there just would never show itself. Finally met my muzzleloader one day. Magasine cover with the two biggest WT deer taken in 2012 in Saskatchewan, my non typical and the typical.
Db
View attachment 26587 View attachment 26588
Beautiful deer.

Reactions: Westsroadshow

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I've got a bow that is new to me. Got the draw length adjusted (which means I don't have any arrows I can use anymore) and put a new sight on. The sight needs to be set up, its one of those single pin adjustable deals so I need to get it ranged. I'm pretty sure I will have to have it ranged again once I bring the draw weight back up to peak. Its at 47 now (post shoulder surgery) and I will hopefully have it up to 65 by hunting season (I doubt my shoulder will ever do more than that again). Anyone ever ranged and sighted in a single pin adjustable sight? Is it a pain or pretty simple?

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

I've got a bow that is new to me. Got the draw length adjusted (which means I don't have any arrows I can use anymore) and put a new sight on. The sight needs to be set up, its one of those single pin adjustable deals so I need to get it ranged. I'm pretty sure I will have to have it ranged again once I bring the draw weight back up to peak. Its at 47 now (post shoulder surgery) and I will hopefully have it up to 65 by hunting season (I doubt my shoulder will ever do more than that again). Anyone ever ranged and sighted in a single pin adjustable sight? Is it a pain or pretty simple?
Did mine via the archery shop I bought it at. Had there own range to shoot inside with and they got me hooked up and ready to go.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Did mine via the archery shop I bought it at. Had there own range to shoot inside with and they got me hooked up and ready to go.
Do you have a single pin sight? How do you like it? Ive never used one. I def have gap issues on the longer shots with my 3 pin so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Reactions: finlayforprez

Nate 5303

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tualatin oregon
Member #

Coyote hunter here. Also like some long range practice on milk jugs whenever I can.

Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor and Ruger American Ranch in 556/223

Nate

Reactions: Rover7284

Ron Clark

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

bunny hunt.jpg lion hunt.jpg Hunter here big time. My hunting partner moved to upstate NY, but we were normally out at least twice a week.

Normally I harass harmless baby bunnies, but it sometimes gets interesting. Lion was taken while coyote hunting (yes it was legal with tag) about 15 miles north of Phx Az in Bloody Basin. Baby bunny was photographed and sent on its merry way.

Last edited:

Ron Clark

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

This was the hunting trip that caused me to get my truck modified. Almost stuck in deep mud on top of Black Rock Mountain on the Arizona / Utah border. Never saw another person for several days. Would have been $5000 to get recovered. Got out of the mud but swore I would never be in that spot again. Nice little fox for my troubles.fox.jpg

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Got all new licenses for PA this past week, can't wait for seasons to start opening! Coyote hunting for me on Monday night coming up. Hoping to have a successful night at a buddys farm. Will keep you guys posted.

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Nope, I have a 5 pin actually but I had them set it up. I shot they adjusted as needed.
This was how they set up my bow as well @cjones. Unfortunately, I capped at around 55 pounds and couldn't go any higher because of a left arm injury. I tried everything to build it up, but now made the plunge and got my crossbow permit. I've been practicing and it's great, so accurate, but very unforgiving compared with a compound bow.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Do you have a single pin sight? How do you like it? Ive never used one. I def have gap issues on the longer shots with my 3 pin so I thought I'd give it a shot.
I answered below, and had told you via message a little while ago how I had to goto a crossbow. Unfortunately, it was a really hard decision because in MA there is no going back to compound once you have the disability stamp on your hunting license. With your compound bow, how far will you take a shot in New England woods? I can't imagine being able to go much further than ~25-30 yards at the most. I'm going to be putting up tree stands soon and practice on 3D targets. We have a few months until it begins. Do you have a date for your move?

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

This was the hunting trip that caused me to get my truck modified. Almost stuck in deep mud on top of Black Rock Mountain on the Arizona / Utah border. Never saw another person for several days. Would have been $5000 to get recovered. Got out of the mud but swore I would never be in that spot again. Nice little fox for my troubles.View attachment 27365
Very cool! I know that area well - being in Hildale, UT.