Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

I was hoping for the same thing. Alas, I did email the DNR and it was clarified that it's nothing new for us. I just hope the ATVs behave. I almost wore one as a hood ornament one when he came around a blind corner at speed. Thankfully I heard him coming and was stopped.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app
I feel ya there! I try my best to stay well aware on the tight trails, windows down, music low. Had a couple close calls & more than a few looks that screamed "You even allowed here?!"

Reactions: RyanC

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Hadn't thought about the issue of atvs and dirt bikes much. So real tree camo is probably a bad choice of paint from that aspect. Especially due to the overall lacking of a hood "crumple zone". Thanks mike all I needed was more things to consider in my project. But if it saves some ones life in the woods a few days of paint scheme thought are well worth it.

Reactions: Tinker and RyanC

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

I met the front of a truck while riding my quad (at a lot more speed than I'd have liked) a while back, just one of those funny little things that rattle around in the back of my mind :sweatsmile:

Looking forward to seeing that project of yours in action, so now this might be a dumb question... but do you have a build thread or photo/video gallery somewhere...?

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I had one over on greatlakes4x4.com but the photbucket fail happened and I haven't taken the time to re host and link all the pictures for multiple years of build. :neutral:

It will be on the UP trip next summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tinker

Rattler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bay City, MI
58-fc170,
I thought that was the infamous Forward Frank from Roam Auto in your avatar. I know it was sold to someone in the LP but they are by Detroit.

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

I had one over on greatlakes4x4.com but the photbucket fail happened and I haven't taken the time to re host and link all the pictures for multiple years of build. :neutral:

It will on the UP trip next summer.
Badass! I'm so hyped for 2018 :smiley:

I lost most of my old ZR2 prerunner build photos from that too. Now I'm using skynet photos- ...err I mean Google photos, also Imgur which is becoming rather ubiquitous thanks to reddit.

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

It will on the UP trip next summer.
Upload them to the website forum. We can start a new build thread there [emoji3]. I'm interested in seeing some as well.

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Nope not the forward frank, similar though except rolling on 1 ton axles , dual t-cases and a V8.

I'll work on a build page here. I saved off all the formats and pictures before the other place crashed so it shouldn't be to hard. Now back to the 65 degree barn to continue the work.

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Nope 65 F it has a house type furnace I just put in it this fall. It can be any temp I want. I don't have the central air hooked up yet in the barn yet though. My cousin is supposed to be coming over with his tools to draw it down and fill it with refrigerant.

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Nick the Michigan overland forum isn't working correctly.
Spend a couple hours recreating the build thread there then hit post and it tosses me a 404 error and a few wasted hours.

in the beginning it was this:

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Nick the Michigan overland forum isn't working correctly.
Spend a couple hours recreating the build thread there then hit post and it tosses me a 404 error and a few wasted hours.

in the beginning it was this:
I will look into right now. Sorry about that. I can run it as an article on the site if you want (?) and still have it available.

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

nah I'll just make sure to copy it off into a word document the next attempt at creating it. Then I can just copy paste all the image links. I am not an article worthy writer or builder.

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

nah I'll just make sure to copy it off into a word document the next attempt at creating it. Then I can just copy paste all the image links. I am not an article worthy writer or builder.
Okay. It's weird because it does show up when I log in but it doesn't have any pictures attached.

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

I try to do the same since I've lost a few draft posts here & on the 4BT forums, although I think maybe my issue was from the connection between the chair & the keyboard...

And if that truck that looks a bit like a shipwreck is what you started with then I'm not sure that last sentence can be accurate :P

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Yep that was the starting point. I'll attempt to get the majority of the build thread recreated both on the michigan overland page and here today if all works out as planned.

Jaun98

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Michigan
First Name
John
Last Name
Rogers
Member #

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I think that Tinker, Michiganoverland and RyanC are trying to plan a trip to the UP for next summer. I think the general plan is to try and go end to end of the UP avoiding paved roads and checking out the sights along the way.

Last edited: