Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I'm definitely down for expo east. I missed going this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app
I'd love to go. It's on my watch list for the year and dependant on funds availability and timing. The only thing I'm for sure doing this year is a UP trip. Going to have to start saving the beginning of the year for it. [emoji106]

Reactions: Tinker and RyanC

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
I'd love to go. It's on my watch list for the year and dependant on funds availability and timing. The only thing I'm for sure doing this year is a UP trip. Going to have to start saving the beginning of the year for it. [emoji106]
The UP is on my list too. I would like to make it all the way to the porcupine mountains. And see the converted railroad bridges along the way.

Reactions: Tinker

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
UP Trip next year :grin:, what's the plan nick, mike, ryan?
I should have the willy's done by then.
I have a whole bunch of things up there I want to see. Since i saw my first episode of Expedtiton Overland I've wanted to run the width of the UP. Of course we have to get pasties if we go to copper country.

On an unrelated note, does anyone do any metal detecting?

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

UP Trip next year :grin:, what's the plan nick, mike, ryan?
I should have the willy's done by then.
Well, I've got a super secret squirrel thing happening mid-September so the trip will probably be around that. My pre-planning thinking says east to west along the northern coast and if time permits west to east on the sourthern coast. With some stops along the way for pasties, waterfalls, and whatever else we want. Prefereablyforest roads, dirts roads, and minimal pavement.

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Well, I've got a super secret squirrel thing happening mid-September so the trip will probably be around that. My pre-planning thinking says east to west along the northern coast and if time permits west to east on the sourthern coast. With some stops along the way for pasties, waterfalls, and whatever else we want. Prefereablyforest roads, dirts roads, and minimal pavement.
That sounds awesome

Reactions: Andy G

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Awesome! Glad to see a mapping deadline included in the act. I was wondering what was going to happen with routes for what they're saying is thousands of miles of newly accessible forestry roads.

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

I think that is ORV access, not OHV access. Full size vehicles have already had access to these roads

Ah crap... I didn't catch that difference in the abbreviation. Here I was hoping they were opening a bunch of previously limited-access roads/trails. Oh well, the fight to avoid backtracking from surprise closed gates continues.

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Ah crap... I didn't catch that difference in the abbreviation. Here I was hoping they were opening a bunch of previously limited-access roads/trails. Oh well, the fight to avoid backtracking from surprise closed gates continues.
I was hoping for the same thing. Alas, I did email the DNR and it was clarified that it's nothing new for us. I just hope the ATVs behave. I almost wore one as a hood ornament one when he came around a blind corner at speed. Thankfully I heard him coming and was stopped.

Reactions: Tinker