Any families in the Oakland, CA area with little kids?

• HTML tutorial

Harvey's XJ

Rank II

Enthusiast II

napa, ca
First Name
Mick
Last Name
Harvey
Napa valley with a 5 yr old girl and 7 yr old boy
Just moved to this side of country and glad we did. Have the rig now it’s time to see it all. Interested in meeting up with anyone that wants to show off the area

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Rujack

Rank I

Traveler I

Short notice, but I’m headed up to Usal Beach today with my four year old in case anyone wants to meet or possibly caravan. I’ll be on 146.7 KM6GWZ and I’ll see if there’s a good repeater.

Also channel 22 CB.

First father and son trip, hoping there’s no rowdy crowds there tonight so I can get a decent night’s sleep!

If anyone knows of another spot where we can hit a little dirt, primitive camping, hopefully near water and away from partiers, lmk!

Ruben

john casson

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Danville CA
Member #

Short notice, but I’m headed up to Usal Beach today with my four year old in case anyone wants to meet or possibly caravan. I’ll be on 146.7 KM6GWZ and I’ll see if there’s a good repeater.

Also channel 22 CB.

First father and son trip, hoping there’s no rowdy crowds there tonight so I can get a decent night’s sleep!

If anyone knows of another spot where we can hit a little dirt, primitive camping, hopefully near water and away from partiers, lmk!

Ruben
Was there last weekend, it was piecefulScreenshot_20180806-203233_Gallery.jpeg

Reactions: Rujack

Rujack

Rank I

Traveler I

Nice. Not this weekend. It was packed and finding a good camp site took an hour, after exploring some apparently lesser known nooks. Lots of rowdy late night partying and fireworks, and one person who might have been having a bad trip on who knows what screaming profanities like a banshee and wandering aimlessly through the place for at least an hour in the early morning hours. At least it didn’t seem to bother my kid! Also tons of poop and tp all over the place! I might avoid this one next time. Bummer as it’s otherwise a really nice spot.

4X3Lander

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

California, United States
First Name
Don
Last Name
4X3Lander
Member #

Nice. Not this weekend. It was packed and finding a good camp site took an hour, after exploring some apparently lesser known nooks. Lots of rowdy late night partying and fireworks, and one person who might have been having a bad trip on who knows what screaming profanities like a banshee and wandering aimlessly through the place for at least an hour in the early morning hours. At least it didn’t seem to bother my kid! Also tons of poop and tp all over the place! I might avoid this one next time. Bummer as it’s otherwise a really nice spot.
This is exactly why I am done with what I call “public” camping. I ended it in 2017. I have been happier since. This is also a small part of what motivated me to buy my rig and begin 4WD camping. Aside from that, glad to here it didn’t bother your kid!