Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Linn Valley, Linn County, Kansas, United States
First Name
Dirtroad
Last Name
Overland
Member #

I'm currently running a 2006 Chevrolet Suburban Z71 4 wheel drive. Just got done installing the bed frame for sleeping arrangements in the back cargo area. Lighting, roof rack, awning, ham radio, and CB I'll installed. 2 inch torsion bar lift in the front and 33s coming next. Let's see your build!

Attachments

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Here's my old girl!

Attachments

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

I've got a 2003 2500 LQ4 4WD burb I've been building beefing up suspension for a while. Cognito 2.5" leveling kit, steering brace, Fox shocks, rare parts tie rods, idler, pitman and bracket etc. For a full size it goes anywhere a full size should go..lol very capable platform well built easy to get parts. Just did a Blackbear tune and love it. Much better drivability always feels like in the right gear no MO lazy throttle response, instant downshifting when giving it the beans. I removed 75% of the tq management and limited myself to 95mph...lol it gets up to speed much better now. They say 35-50 hp with Cai (intake tube drop in K&N panel filter) and Magnaflow dual exhaust it feels like it seat of the pants. 87 octane and corrected my speedometer due to tire size 285/75/16.

Attachments

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Not a build, really, though one of my first adventure vehicles was a '69 Chevy "Carryall Suburban," 3 door, with 3 on the column and a 250cid, if I recall correctly.

May have been a 230, though I had to swap it for another engine from a broke-down Chevy on the Mic Mac Indian res on Cape Breton in Nova Scotia when the one I had in it gave up the ghost. I drove that thing all over North America from Nova Scotia to the deep south. I had rigged up a platform in the back with bed above and pull-out storage drawers underneath accessible from the back.

Wish I still had it.

69ChevyCarryall_7486-900.jpg