Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Unfortunately i wrecked mine this last week. Combination of bad weather and heavy traffic. The damage looks mostly superficial, there is some frame damage, possibly will not see my rig again. It's a waiting game with insurance at the moment.

The positive side of things, no one was injured.

I may be starting over again, and if i do, i would like another Subaru if i can find another with out the CVT transmission.
Glad everyone is ok, that’s the important thing. The car can be replaced. Hope to hear how this comes out with the insurance and what you end up getting for a replacement.

Reactions: max.grun

max.grun

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turlock, California
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSE
Glad everyone is ok, that’s the important thing. The car can be replaced. Hope to hear how this comes out with the insurance and what you end up getting for a replacement.
Insurance declared it a total loss. So i am back to square one. As far as what i will get? Kinda depends on what i find within a reasonable budget that i like.

Reactions: Terry Pickens

Marek Kacprzak

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Round Rock, TX
First Name
Marek
Last Name
K
Member #

Hey everyone, haven't updated this in a bit as I have only been out running and going through a big move with my home. Well here we go, traded out my old rack for a Front Runner rack with the RTT quick releases. And a new CVT Mt Shasta standard Pioneer 2+ RTT. All fits on real nice and rides super nice with the King Springs. No real road noise, had more noise with the old rack. Now to see what this does to my milage. LOL

View attachment 69719 View attachment 69722 View attachment 69723 View attachment 69725
Will the quick release work with other RTT models? I.e., Tepui?

bumpo83

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Guthrie
Member #

Terry, what kind of a mileage hit did you take with just the front runner rack? I love the rack (not so much the price) and it seems as though that rack would have the least amount of resistance when compared to many of the other manufacturers. I personally am not looking for a RTT but just a more fuel friendly rack for the top of my Outback!

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Terry, what kind of a mileage hit did you take with just the front runner rack? I love the rack (not so much the price) and it seems as though that rack would have the least amount of resistance when compared to many of the other manufacturers. I personally am not looking for a RTT but just a more fuel friendly rack for the top of my Outback!
Hard to say, I was already running another rack with the lift and tires. With this setup I get about 23-24 mpg around town and 25-28 mpg on the highway. Highway mileage varies with conditions (wind direction). The Front Runner rack is a lot quieter than my previous rack and that is a big plus to me. I also have a RTT that I used up on top and got 23-26 mpg on a recent trip so my mileage isn't bad with a 2.5i. I was in no hurry on the last trip is probably what got me the good mileage. All in all I'm quite happy with my change, but boy did it hit the pocket book.

Vesteroid

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rathdrum, ID, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hudson
I ended up selling mine and getting a 4Runner. While I loved the subi it just wouldn’t do what I wanted off road

I’ll follow yours for old times sake

alamocityfoz

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Renfro
Member #

Any good all terrain tire recommendations for a 2017 subaru forester? I primarily drive on highway but drive on dirt/gravel roads for work every now and then.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Any good all terrain tire recommendations for a 2017 subaru forester? I primarily drive on highway but drive on dirt/gravel roads for work every now and then.
I’ve enjoyed my BFG AT2’s. I’ve had every generation of these tires on several different types of vehicles and they have served me well.

Vesteroid

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rathdrum, ID, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hudson
Terry, that looks great. Happy to see you continuing the build.

I miss the daily mileage of my subie but dont miss the offroad performance...trade offs in everything you do.

Reactions: Terry Pickens