• HTML tutorial

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

Hi Terry,

in addition I was curious if you get any "shudder" in the drive line. I get it about 15-20 mph. its not all the time its just sometimes and typically it feels like the old days where you just let out the clutch and it was engaging. Maybe its normal in the cvt but I have no idea and want to address it if is a problem. Of course it will be interesting if it is and its still under warranty.

Thanks in advance.
Yeah that's one thing that no one seems to mention after doing a lift. A good percentage of us have it.

Long story short, someone developed some transmission mount spacers that helps remove the shutter. You get a little bit of additional NVH, but it's almost eliminates it. The guy who developed it used to have an eBay shop, but I think he said it's now easier just to buy them off the Anderson Design and Fabrication site. Just search for CKE Trans Mount and pick the appropriate application. Get the 60d hardness.

Vesteroid

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rathdrum, ID, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hudson
Yeah that's one thing that no one seems to mention after doing a lift. A good percentage of us have it.

Long story short, someone developed some transmission mount spacers that helps remove the shutter. You get a little bit of additional NVH, but it's almost eliminates it. The guy who developed it used to have an eBay shop, but I think he said it's now easier just to buy them off the Anderson Design and Fabrication site. Just search for CKE Trans Mount and pick the appropriate application. Get the 60d hardness.
awesome thank you. So I can take this as its not hurting anything and get that mount if I dislike the shudder.

thanks again

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Hi Terry,

I have a 17 built sort of similar. I have a lp adventure 2" lift and motegii 118 wheels and ko2 in 245/65/17s

I even have the same rack. I have to add the hitch and carrier as I currently have my tire on the rack. I am going to get a tent for the spring.

can you please give a bit more detail re the mount for the ipad..I understand the ram parts, but that l bracket and what it mounts to are not clear to me.

in addition I was curious if you get any "shudder" in the drive line. I get it about 15-20 mph. its not all the time its just sometimes and typically it feels like the old days where you just let out the clutch and it was engaging. Maybe its normal in the cvt but I have no idea and want to address it if is a problem. Of course it will be interesting if it is and its still under warranty.

Thanks in advance.
Yes I do get the shudder at that same speed. Have heard of fixes but never any conclusions. Last one I heard was due to a transmission (?) brace or bracket.

The Panavise is a "Z" type plate that mounts ti the radio mounting bolts behind the face plate. Has worked well. I have a slight shake due to the larger iPad I have mounted on it, but not distracting at all. I just searched for this product and could not find a link, if I find one I'll post it here.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
OK everyone here are the latest additions to my Outback. Got some LP Adventure Sliders, RalliTek Skid Plates and Element LED lighting.
0-4.jpg 0-3.jpg 0-5.jpg Skid Plates.jpg Lights01.jpg lights04.jpg Lights02.jpg Lights 04.jpg The Sliders went on really easily, the only problem I had was with the Muti-Link spacer. I called LP and they sent me their spacer that fit in perfectly.
The skid plates bolted up great, the longest part was taking off the stock plastic and all the clips they have to hold it on.
The Element LED lights were great, I got the ADF Ditch Mount brackets and everything bolted up perfect. The 10" Light Bar was mounted on the Front Runner rack and I made some brackets to hold them under my RTT.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Here are how the lights perform, taken at night in my driveway. I'm quite happy with them and will adjust the lights when I get out in the dark hills on the trail.

First is stock low beams
lights11.jpg

Second is low beams with ditch lights
Lights12.jpg
Third is low beams, ditch lights and light bar

lights13.jpg
Forth is high beams, ditch lights and light bar.
lights14.jpg

max.grun

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turlock, California
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSE
I really like the look of those sliders. Overall your build is looking really good. Definitely one i use as inspiration for what i want to with my outback eventually, as needed. So far i haven't needed much more than a good set of tires.

Reactions: Terry Pickens

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
I really like the look of those sliders. Overall your build is looking really good. Definitely one i use as inspiration for what i want to with my outback eventually, as needed. So far i haven't needed much more than a good set of tires.
Thanks, I think this build fits me just fine right now. Still a few things I crave, but really don't really need yet. My build is determined on what I am finding I need from the adventures I take. Have a fun adventure with yours. I'm loving this rig right now.

Reactions: max.grun

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Same here. Patiently waiting for pictures of it up on a hi-lift jack.
Just got the slider attachment for the high lift and will be trying it out soon. If you all want photos of the attachment points underneath let me know and I'll post them up.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Here are some photos of the slider attachments. All required bolts are provided. Easy install.

1. Hi-Lift Attachment
2. Front wheel raised about 1/2" off floor
3.Front mounting attachment (notice the hockey puck protection for the uni-body
4. Rear mounting point (notice another hockey puck)
5. Close up of rear mounting point
6. close up of rear hockey puck

The hockey pucks are hard rubber.

0-6.jpg 0.jpg 0-3.jpg 0-7.jpg 0-5.jpg 0-4.jpg

Vesteroid

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rathdrum, ID, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hudson
i put them on mine too recently, am not sure how I feel about the hockey pucks as you call them taking impact and the load on the (I am not sure if thats just body metal above or what)

I am not sure I am brave enough to jack with a high lift lol.

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

i put them on mine too recently, am not sure how I feel about the hockey pucks as you call them taking impact and the load on the (I am not sure if thats just body metal above or what)

I am not sure I am brave enough to jack with a high lift lol.
I've been meaning to take off my valances to see what's under it.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
I'm actually hoping I dont' have to find out. I did raise the car with the Hi-Lift at the front mounting point, the one with the most leverage and it did not damage anything.

max.grun

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turlock, California
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSE
Thanks, I think this build fits me just fine right now. Still a few things I crave, but really don't really need yet. My build is determined on what I am finding I need from the adventures I take. Have a fun adventure with yours. I'm loving this rig right now.
Unfortunately i wrecked mine this last week. Combination of bad weather and heavy traffic. The damage looks mostly superficial, there is some frame damage, possibly will not see my rig again. It's a waiting game with insurance at the moment.

The positive side of things, no one was injured.

I may be starting over again, and if i do, i would like another Subaru if i can find another with out the CVT transmission.