SOLD AluCab Shadow Awn 270 Awning Alu Cab Never Installed 270 Awning With Brackets, Load Bars

• HTML tutorial

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

We have one of these on our 99 F250 - We love it!!! Good luck with the sale.
Always thought these would be great on work vehicles, Easier than an easy up and cannot blow away.
I have even used mine for yard work next to the driveway.

Shade is nice.

I can stop and have it deployed in about 60 seconds if I rush, hardest part is unzipping it. :)
We also have the wall kit.

A Christmas M 8.jpg

Reactions: Derbydude

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA
bump shoot me a reasonable offer
I agree they are nice quality. We had a few other service vehicles with them on and they are awesome and heavy duty like no other. Unfortunately I don't want to go buy a TIG welder nor pay someone to custom fab me some stainless brackets to mount this on my Leitner rack so I am wanting to sell these 2 never installed awnings and instead buy an ARB 2500 with the walls.

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
I don’t know the specifics of the rack you were (are) trying to attach the awning to but wanted to throw this out to you just in case you haven’t come across it before.

I’ve looked at them for some possible mounting solutions to awnings I have considered.

Reactions: aaaslayer

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA
I don’t know the specifics of the rack you were (are) trying to attach the awning to but wanted to throw this out to you just in case you haven’t come across it before.

I’ve looked at them for some possible mounting solutions to awnings I have considered.
Thanks for the tip. I have a Leitner Designs rack, so the mounting solution is via T bolts through an extruded aluminum channel. Like the way Rhino Backbone slats work. I have a MIG welder, I'll probably just weld up brackets from regular steel and spray them black as a last resort, if they don't sell. But honestly I dont' have the time to R&D steel and cut and weld up anymore like I used to. Have to work 2 full time jobs and time is scarce which is why I choose to just sell and likely go with the ARB as Leitner already has brackets made for the ARB 2500 awning.

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

Just a side note, I made may own rack for our shell. The most important mounting point for the shadow is the four holes at the rear through the hinge plate. All the weight of the whole awning is hear when it is open. UNLESS you use the legs - which you most use when using the walls.

Not trying to talk you in to keeping them aaaslayer just sharing info.

Shadow 6.jpg

Reactions: aaaslayer