US Southwest AluCab Shadow Awn 270 Awning Alu Cab Never Installed 270 Awning With Brackets, Load Bars

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA

Hello,

I have 2 (TWO) never used 270 AluCab Shadow Awn awnings for sale. Both are RHS and open from the PASSENGER SIDE and out. Both were never installed and have no puncture holes in the case that are usually done when they are installed on brackets.

Both were purchased for Ram Promaster service vehicles but never installed; service vehicles are gone so I have no need for these anymore. I was going to transfer one to my Ram truck and the other to the Jeep, but my truck rack Leitner Designs doesn't have brackets for these readily available and I don't have a TIG welder to make my own out of stainless. And my Jeep has a soft top on it currently and no rack. So they've been sitting in my work shop collecting dust now and need to go. They are brand new never installed and have no tears or stains. The covers have no tears or holes yet from installing to brackets. They look dusty because I recently did drywall in my shop and it got really dusty in there.

One comes with Universal mounts from AluCab and hardware/instructions, and also bought the load bars

The other comes without the universal mounts and no hardware (can be easily bought at Home Depot) but it does have the extra load bars

Features:

• Length (when closed): 2.6m
  • Weight: 24kg
  • Shade Area: 10 m2
  • Construction: Aluminium
  • Fitment Brackets: Various options available, attaching to strong roof rack, tents, campers or load bars
  • Orientation: RHS

All specs can be found on either or link up there ^^^^

Avoid the tax and crazy shipping from Australia or anywhere else in the states as these things are pretty heavy duty.

Asking

$1400 for the RHS Shadow Awn with brackets, hardware, load bars

Asking

$1300 for the RHS Shadow Awn without brackets, without hardware, WITH load bars
20190721_201240.jpg20190721_201907.jpg20190721_181027.jpg20190721_181021.jpg20190721_181019.jpg

The price new with added load bars is $1,618.95 from ok4wd. Save a couple hundred getting an open box one.

Last edited:

Daryl 32

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Corona, Ca
Member #

We have one of these on our 99 F250 - We love it!!! Good luck with the sale.
Always thought these would be great on work vehicles, Easier than an easy up and cannot blow away.
I have even used mine for yard work next to the driveway.

Shade is nice.

I can stop and have it deployed in about 60 seconds if I rush, hardest part is unzipping it. :)
We also have the wall kit.

A Christmas M 8.jpg

Reactions: Derbydude

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA
bump shoot me a reasonable offer
I agree they are nice quality. We had a few other service vehicles with them on and they are awesome and heavy duty like no other. Unfortunately I don't want to go buy a TIG welder nor pay someone to custom fab me some stainless brackets to mount this on my Leitner rack so I am wanting to sell these 2 never installed awnings and instead buy an ARB 2500 with the walls.

Welding Goats

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Midland, TX, USA
Member #

I don’t know the specifics of the rack you were (are) trying to attach the awning to but wanted to throw this out to you just in case you haven’t come across it before.

I’ve looked at them for some possible mounting solutions to awnings I have considered.

Reactions: aaaslayer

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA
I don’t know the specifics of the rack you were (are) trying to attach the awning to but wanted to throw this out to you just in case you haven’t come across it before.

I’ve looked at them for some possible mounting solutions to awnings I have considered.
Thanks for the tip. I have a Leitner Designs rack, so the mounting solution is via T bolts through an extruded aluminum channel. Like the way Rhino Backbone slats work. I have a MIG welder, I'll probably just weld up brackets from regular steel and spray them black as a last resort, if they don't sell. But honestly I dont' have the time to R&D steel and cut and weld up anymore like I used to. Have to work 2 full time jobs and time is scarce which is why I choose to just sell and likely go with the ARB as Leitner already has brackets made for the ARB 2500 awning.

Daryl 32

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Corona, Ca
Member #

Just a side note, I made may own rack for our shell. The most important mounting point for the shadow is the four holes at the rear through the hinge plate. All the weight of the whole awning is hear when it is open. UNLESS you use the legs - which you most use when using the walls.

Not trying to talk you in to keeping them aaaslayer just sharing info.

Shadow 6.jpg

Reactions: aaaslayer