Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Welcome to the Overland Bound, OB1 Alpha Test Program.

Please keep in mind this is Alpha Software. This means it is incomplete, and may be broken in some cases. This is expected. There some "Known Issues". If you leave a post and it does not get a response it probably means the post goes into the Known Issue category. I’ll usually “like” the post to show we’ve seen it.

Please provide any specific information about issues you find in this thread.

Known Issue: No work has been done for tablets or landscape mode. It may work, but that's only by chance :)

When reporting bugs:

Provide platform: iOS or Android
Provide Device Info: What are you using?
Reproduction steps: Let us know how to reproduce the issue.

Ideas: We want to know what is frustrating, unclear, or could be improved. Most importantly, what would make you use this app as your preferred forum, map, event app.

Known: No work has been done for tablets or landscape mode. It may work, but that's only by chance :)

APPLE BUILD: Alpha 0.8.53 Build Patch has been released and is in review by Apple. You should receive an email once approved by Apple if you are in the test group. To join this test group, fill out this form: Expedition Pioneers. Once installed, your build should show: 0.8.53 (at the bottom of the slide-out menu within the app)

ANDROID BUILD: May be downloaded here (option to install APKs must be enabled): OB1_Build_0.8.53.apk

Testing Focus:

Forum usage
Message usage
Notifications
Status Updates
Feed Interrupts including "All Caught Up", "Latest Member" and "Status Updates"

New Features:

- Search API allows for searching Topics , Threads, Posts, People
- Discuss Forum and notification deep links should work for protected URLs
- Member Purchase: "Member Upgrade" button on slide out menu
- Add NOTIFICATION type icons to notifications
- Notifications list, "Yesterday" is last.
- Add "Edit" option to Post

Bugs Fixed:

- Reset (turn off) notifications "New notification" indicator.
- Images still not loading for Android.
- iOS crashing after the login screen

Upcoming Features:
- Implement Forum Search and Filters UI
- Member Purchase: Upgrade Screen
- Add 'copy link' to post menu
- Notifications: Replied to post

Last edited:

tw1st3d5

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florissant, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kee
Member #

Is the Member Purchase: Upgrade Screen the option in my screenshot? I can't do anything with it. Possibly because of already being a member?

Android Pixel 3XL

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I submitted some issues via TestFlight (for 0.8.48) and see that they should be posted to the forum thread. Sorry! I'll wait until I get this build on iOS and try to repro and let you know if so.
Will the API be public? If so I'd love to take a look at it.

Thanks all!

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I submitted some issues via TestFlight (for 0.8.48) and see that they should be posted to the forum thread. Sorry! I'll wait until I get this build on iOS and try to repro and let you know if so.
Will the API be public? If so I'd love to take a look at it.

Thanks all!
Thank you! Yes, here is best, but we do look at the test flight reports when we need device info etc. the api is a developer note. Not public at this time.

we are in 0.8.53 now!

Reactions: M Rose and Ubiety

Steve_ohhhhh

Local Expert, QLD Australia

Influencer I

Redbank Queensland, Australia
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

Search function ( magnifying glass top left? ) Does nothing...

Pictures work (yay)...
Threads load as expected.
Can't wait for the next update

Huawei mate 20 pro android 9
And sent through the app no probs.

( Thumbs up emoji added after word "update" ) incase that doesn't work.

Reactions: Michael and M Rose

Virginia Overlander

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Charles City, VA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRCJ633
Im getting a notification that will not go away unless i turn off notifications for the app. Looks like it is notifying me that the app has requested location on notification bar but app icon shows like i have a message. It also seems intermittently location hangs running when app is in background. Remains constant until app is closed. Device is a galaxy note 10 +

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Im getting a notification that will not go away unless i turn off notifications for the app. Looks like it is notifying me that the app has requested location on notification bar but app icon shows like i have a message. It also seems intermittently location hangs running when app is in background. Remains constant until app is closed. Device is a galaxy note 10 +
Thank you!

bdsinclair

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Beaumont, Alberta, Canada
Member #

Hi All,

iPad:
Still crashing on login screen... sorry again could be the age of my iPad

Android:
In messages when you swipe left and select delete the message stay's there you have to exit messages and then go back in for it to disappear.
On the forums/By category:
Overland Discussion and Overland Bound by Region both have some bleed through from the sub forums... Looks like Overland Bound Discussion only has the Geocache sub forum bleed through, while Overland By Region as many... The rest of the category's seem to all be fine.

EricGagne

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lachine, Montreal, QC, Canada
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gagne
Member #

@Michael, I'm curious why the android app is not distributed through the play store. Doesn't Google have a test channel in the store ?

Google currently limits how many apps can be side loaded and they announced this morning that they will disable the feature entirely, probably by the end of the year.

When they do we will no longer be able to install alphas and betas of the app if it's not distributed through Google channels.

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Pixel XL 3 running Android

Using the app, I was able to attach a photo to a reply and that showed up in a thread.

I am still not able to see existing photos in threads. It might be that photos that are linked versus attached are the issue? I see that some Android 9 users are seeing photos so perhaps this is limited to Android 10.

Also, this thread does not show up under the Support Category, and despite "watching" it, it doesn't show up in the app under watched threads.

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
In forums, when attempting to scroll to the top, the page bounces back to the bottom. I have a screen recording, but the forum will not let me upload...

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
In notifications when clicking on a notification, nothing happens. Unable to view member or thread that the notification originated from. EEDBD19B-B4A0-4FEA-8ADF-7CE1B73EA3FB.png

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
iPad Pro 11, iOS 13.3.1

Message search/filter. If user enters a search or filter that returns an empty set the user is left on an empty messages page of doom. The app must be restarted to get back to normal messages functionality. The user can navigate away from the empty messages page, but going back to messages always leads back to the empty messages page of doom.

The TestFlight issues that I entered for previous version are these in the message search/filter area. I am calling “filter” the ability to select All, Starred, Archived in the Messages UI.

For the first time I am seeing something in Notifications!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
A couple of nits about the app - take with a grain of salt. Fairly new to the app so may be missing the proper flow of things or may have a fresh eye.

I am on iPad 11 and understand that you will be supporting multiple platforms and resolutions but come away with the feeling that there is a lot of “wasted” space in the UI especially on the home page. A large portion of the home screen is dedicated to telling me who I am and my points, message counts, etc. however these are all static. Id like to see these items act as hot links, poke on my user image and go to user image web page / app ui; same for message count and other items. I’d like to poke at my 4 of 5 stars and be taken somewhere that helps me understand what that means ;) I get it, Alpha software...

The differences between the bottom nav bar and the hamburger menu throw me off, forums in the nav bar and messages in the hamburger, exclusively. It’s a nit, I can work around it but it feels like it could be more unified I guess. Given my wasted space (on iPad anyway) comment it seems like a different solution at least could be possible but am ignorant about how that might affect smaller screens.

Thought, have you considered allowing user defined menus, tool bars, instrument panels, etc? Not unheard of in higher end products and likely a necessity for some more in depth nav related scenarios. Just thinking if I could configure all/some of the hamburger menu to my tastes I would be happy, my own little menu of stuff that I care about.

Again, all nits, alpha software, many resolutions, ...

bdsinclair

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Beaumont, Alberta, Canada
Member #

Evening everyone,

Provide platform: iOS
Provide Device Info: iPad mini 2
Reproduction steps: When trying to open the app it crashes... Although it does take a couple seconds longer now.
Is anyone else having the same issue on an older iPad ?

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Evening everyone,

Provide platform: iOS
Provide Device Info: iPad mini 2
Reproduction steps: When trying to open the app it crashes... Although it does take a couple seconds longer now.
Is anyone else having the same issue on an older iPad ?
I will try it but will have to throw an older device on the charger. Starts up fine on my iPad Pro 11.
What version of iOS are you on?

Status
Not open for further replies.