Alaska Haines parking advice!!

• HTML tutorial

@advanturing

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Auckland, New Zealand
Member #

Hi OB team - we are from New Zealand and currently on an Overland trip through USA currently in Alaska. We are going out on a boat trip in Aug and looking for somewhere safe to park our rig in Haines while we are out on the water. Does anyone here know of any good options in town that you'd recommend? Many thanks, Nick

renodemona

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TCT
How long of a trip? If its just a day or so there is a lot near the AMH Ferry dock. Are you going over to Skagway? Touristy but the train ride is amazing! Actually now that I think about it, Skagway has a nice RV park with hookup and non hookup stalls. It's like 5 hours by car from Haines, but an hour closer to Juneau on the AMH, daily service in the summer.

renodemona

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TCT
That could be a little trickier. Haines is tiny and there's not a lot of parking in general, but maybe down by Ft. Seward?

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Wish I was traveling with you! Love Alaska! Spent a year and a half on Kodiak island (unfortunately, too far away to give you advice). However, you have hit a must see when visiting the states, especially for overlanding! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk