Alabama, TN, GA

• HTML tutorial

The_Outdoor_Powerlifter

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hello everyone I currently live in North Alabama (Huntsville), looking for some back country trails to wheel and camp. I am novice, we have some trail parks but I really want to get out and explore and camp and to get away from all the people, just be with my friends and other people interested in scenic routes, and fishing. Was wondering if we got some people near my area, or in the TN and GA area that would like to help a new guy out willing to learn, and have some fun.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome to the forum. I'm not located in your area, but I know we have a few members on here from down that way. I've been down that way a few times and hopefully one of these days can actually spend some time exploring.

The_Outdoor_Powerlifter

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Welcome to the forum. I'm not located in your area, but I know we have a few members on here from down that way. I've been down that way a few times and hopefully one of these days can actually spend some time exploring.
Thanks bro can't wait to meet some new folks. Been in bama for a while ready to explore finally

Reactions: ShawnR

The_Outdoor_Powerlifter

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Thanks so much this will be my girlfriend and I first road trip together been wanting to do something cool and she loves camping and road trips.

Skitard93

Rank 0

Contributor I

My best friend (who is on here too) is finishing up school at auburn and moving back home to huntsvegas! I'll get him to holler at ya. He would definitely be down for trips. He is in the same boat as you for the most part. We have dual sport motorcycle backgrounds and both of us are gettin into Overlanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

The_Outdoor_Powerlifter

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

My best friend (who is on here too) is finishing up school at auburn and moving back home to huntsvegas! I'll get him to holler at ya. He would definitely be down for trips. He is in the same boat as you for the most part. We have dual sport motorcycle backgrounds and both of us are gettin into Overlanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
Sweet deal yea send him my way.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Redmow

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey, TOP.

A few friends and I love to ride and camp and kayak and ATV ride. There are alot of places to ride for a novice. Fort Payne has some nice trails. Paint Rock Valley. Walls of Jericho. Dry Creek north of Florence. You can check out some of the places we go to on our YouTube channel "Tennessee Valley Offroaders".

I have only been riding offroad for about 2 years now. I love to go back and see that first hill I climbed in Tennessee. I thought my friend was crazy for leading me there at that time...now it's a breeze. Best way I can describe it is balance and pick a path that looks balanced.

This Saturday we are going to Dry Creek again to ride the trails and grill some burgers and veggies.

I can get you some detailed directions to these places...let me googlemap and write this stuff down for you and your girl.

-Barry Maynard

The_Outdoor_Powerlifter

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hey, TOP.

A few friends and I love to ride and camp and kayak and ATV ride. There are alot of places to ride for a novice. Fort Payne has some nice trails. Paint Rock Valley. Walls of Jericho. Dry Creek north of Florence. You can check out some of the places we go to on our YouTube channel "Tennessee Valley Offroaders".

I have only been riding offroad for about 2 years now. I love to go back and see that first hill I climbed in Tennessee. I thought my friend was crazy for leading me there at that time...now it's a breeze. Best way I can describe it is balance and pick a path that looks balanced.

This Saturday we are going to Dry Creek again to ride the trails and grill some burgers and veggies.

I can get you some detailed directions to these places...let me googlemap and write this stuff down for you and your girl.

-Barry Maynard
Just noticed this yea we have to link up. My girl and I have our first overland trio planed June 4th. But want to get more trails in

The_Outdoor_Powerlifter

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

In Alabama check out the Little River Canyon area. If you head into Georgia there are quite a few Forest Service roads north of Helen. Most are easily doable and have very easy water crossings (most sedans could handle them). For some more adventure head to Tate City GA and the Tallulah River Road. Great campgrounds along the road or dispersed camping across the river (long river crossing). In the North Western area of Georgia is the Cohutta Wilderness. This area is filled with FS roads and hiking trails and goes across the state line into TN.
Sweet

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

I live in N Ga, and I'm always riding around Cohutta. I wrote this thread which details a nice horseshoe track with GPS files as well. Have fun on your June trip!

Reactions: ...

Redmow

Rank 0

Contributor I

Just noticed this yea we have to link up. My girl and I have our first overland trio planed June 4th. But want to get more trails in

Outdoor_Powerlifter,

Sorry for the huge delay. Been trying to get my business up and running.

Here are the directions to that place I mentioned. When you enter, make sure to read the huge sign...some rules for the trails. I have heard that those that didn't obey the rules and were caught had to pay a hefty fine. I think it's the usual...no drugs, guns. Street legal vehicles only. No littering, etc.

Take HWY20 Northward from Florence/Muscle Shoals.
HWY 20 will turn into HWY 69 in Tennessee.
Left on Holland Creek Road. About 13.5 miles from the Alabama border.
Turn right at the 2nd Fox Hollow Loop. About 4.5 miles from HWY 69.
Runs into Hitchcock Lane. Left is to a farm. Right is to Fox Hollow Loop and straight into Hitchcock Lane.

Heh. Pay attention to all your turns in the TVA land. We got lost and didn't get out of there until midnight. It was still fun...like driving through a tunnel. There are some stream crossings...if the water isn't over the banks at the crossing, it isn't deep. Some of the main trails have scarey looking water holes but they aren't too deep and are based with gravel. I didn't get stuck once. Take a look at my YouTube channel...Tennessee Valley Offroaders. Look for the video "To the waterfall". It will give you a good idea.

Reactions: Trailspin

Spearce

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Birmingham AL
Member #

Columbiana AL here. Just joined the forum, the overland bound page and got my number! I'm located just south of Birmingham if anyone would like to meet up at one of the national forest for a ride/camp.

Reactions: JMY24

JMY24

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Huntsville, AL/Dahlonega, GA
Member #

Columbiana AL here. Just joined the forum, the overland bound page and got my number! I'm located just south of Birmingham if anyone would like to meet up at one of the national forest for a ride/camp.
Check out my thread for the Georgia Traverse Thanksgiving trip! Love to meet and see you out there!

Reactions: Spearce