Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
I just got home which means the trip is over:disrelieved:. Actually, I know many members are still on the road as I write this and I wish them safe travels home. I want to thank everyone that attended this epic INTERNATIONAL adventure. I hope you all had as good a time as I did.

It truly was an adventure; including a major breakdown that halted us for quite awhile on the dark trail. I'm truly impressed how those that could help did so by either being hands on or offering their spare parts and those of us that couldn't help, stayed positive. One member left camp Friday at midnight, arriving in town at 3:17 am, and returned Saturday morning on a quest looking for bunnies...I mean parts.

We had great campfires, I don't think any ended before 2:00 am, and great times.

I'm confident in saying that our newbies are now experienced off roaders, although I don't think they'll believe me when I say a trail is easy.

Two ambassador coins were handed out. Kelly for being the go to guy and Dale for his positive attitude dealing with his rig breakdown. Congrats guys, well deserved. I'm proud to call you both my friends as well as everyone else there.

On this trip I did learn that a well built expo rig can compete in the Baja 1000 with Timmy's wife behind the wheel. I also learned that Grandma loves trekking with this crew and she hated parting ways at the end.

Again thanks to all of you, it was a team effort that made this a great weekend and the team rocked.

I'll close this with some words of wisdom;
"Left turn at the orange cone."
( my apologies to those not there and won't understand some of this)
Always a thank you to @Michael and @Corrie. Without the two of you this weekend would not have happened.

Last edited:

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I just got home which means thrip is over:disrelieved: Actually, I know many members are still on the road and I wish them safe travels home. I want to thank everyone that attended this epic INTERNATIONAL adventure. I hope you all had as good a time as I did.

It truly was an adventure; including a major breakdown that halted us for quite awhile on the dark trail. I'm truly impressed how those that could help did so by either being hands on or offering their spare parts and those of us that couldn't help, stayed positive. One member left camp Friday at midnight, arriving in town at 3:17 am, and returned Saturday morning on a quest looking for bunnies...I mean parts. We had great campfires, I don't think any ended before 2:00 am, and great times. I'm confident in saying that our newbies are now experienced off roaders, although I don't think they'll believe me when I say a trail is easy. Two ambassador coins were handed out. Kelly for being the go to guy and Dale for his positive attitude dealing with his rig breakdow. Congrats guys, well deserved. I'm proud to call you both my friends as well as everyone else there.

On this trip I did learn that a well built expo rig can compete in the Baja 1000 with Timmy's wife behind the wheel. I also learned that Grandma loves trekking with this crew and she hated parting ways at the end.
Again thanks to all of you, it was a team effort that made this a great weekend and the team rocked
Left turn at the orange cone.
I second my own damn nomination.

Reactions: Narbob

DaveL

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Lowrance
Member #

Thanks for the vicarious trip! What great attitudes! Had hoped to be a part of it, but looking forward to us someday joining what sounds like a great group of people. Hoping we can be part of the Mojave Trail trip in March and getting to know another group of great people.

Reactions: Kelly and Narbob

Mademan925

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

discovery bay, ca 94505
Member #

I just got home which means the trip is over:disrelieved:. Actually, I know many members are still on the road as I write this and I wish them safe travels home. I want to thank everyone that attended this epic INTERNATIONAL adventure. I hope you all had as good a time as I did.

It truly was an adventure; including a major breakdown that halted us for quite awhile on the dark trail. I'm truly impressed how those that could help did so by either being hands on or offering their spare parts and those of us that couldn't help, stayed positive. One member left camp Friday at midnight, arriving in town at 3:17 am, and returned Saturday morning on a quest looking for bunnies...I mean parts.

We had great campfires, I don't think any ended before 2:00 am, and great times.

I'm confident in saying that our newbies are now experienced off roaders, although I don't think they'll believe me when I say a trail is easy.

Two ambassador coins were handed out. Kelly for being the go to guy and Dale for his positive attitude dealing with his rig breakdown. Congrats guys, well deserved. I'm proud to call you both my friends as well as everyone else there.

Again thanks to all of you, it was a team effort that made this a great weekend and the team rocked.

"Left turn at the orange cone."
Always a thank you to @Michael and @Corrie. Without the two of you this weekend would not have happened.
Wow. What an awesome summary. Just got home. Still need to unpack. And maybe start the data dump..... amazing trip. Awesome people and just an adventure. This trip was one for the books. Thank you bob for putting it together.

Timmy & Lisa [emoji6]