Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

SEE PAGE 8 POST #72 this thread from @Narbob
My game plan is to arrive and camp at Alabama Hills on Thursday November 10th no later than 1500hrs, others will be rolling in throughout the night. Friday morning leisurely break camp and leave around 1100ish, allowing for late arrivals. First a stop at Reward Mine,if anyones interested, and then to Death Valley/Saline Valley via Dedekera Canyon and Steele Pass. Friday night camp at Warm Springs. Saturday break camp and let the touring begin; Lippencott Mine road, Racetrack, Ubehebe Crater and whatever else we find. Saturday camp ??? Sunday AM head out and back to reality.

Dates: November 10/13

Alabama Hills camp directions: From Hwy 395 in Lone Pine, go west on Whitney Portal road approx 2 miles to the Alabama Hills turn off on the right (north) side. Once camp is made, I'll post the GPS coordinates. There may be cell service and we will try to make camp obvious.

Communications: CB 16, Ham 146.460,
FRS/GMRS 6

Trails: All trials are easy and stock vehicles will have no problems. However, Dedekera Canyon does have a couple 2-3' rock climbs and I recommend checking it out on YouTube to see if you might have issues. I had no problem going through when my Jeep was stock height/tires.

Other Info: We will need to provide our own firewood. Warm springs does have natural springs and you're welcome to bring a bathing suit (or not if you dare).

Confirmed: Narbob (me), @mmnorthdirections , @NorCalCrisp , @maktruk , @Mademan925 and Lisa, @Reconnoiter (?) @picklejuice@Judge @Tom K @JB Umx plus 1 @Recon2X @ravenplague

Last edited by a moderator:

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

If you do 11th-14th I can roll in midmorning Friday, being Veterans day I can splashndash/getwetandjet/dipandskip

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
I've run the plan by @stoney126 @Northern_XS and @Mademan925 at OTG. Basically meet and camp first night at Alabama Hills and then roll to Reward Mine if anyone wants to check it out. From there through Dedekera Canyon/Steele Pass into Saline Valley and camp at Warm Springs. We can base camp there or move on to Lippencott Pass ( you got to try it once in a lifetime) to Racetrack, Ubehebe crater or??? Mid November it starts cooling off and we can make more solid plans. All of these locations can be run with stock or built vehicles and can be found on YouTube and are worth checking out.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I've run the plan by @stoney126 @Northern_XS and @Mademan925 at OTG. Basically meet and camp first night at Alabama Hills and then roll to Reward Mine if anyone wants to check it out. From there through Dedekera Canyon/Steele Pass into Saline Valley and camp at Warm Springs. We can base camp there or move on to Lippencott Pass ( you got to try it once in a lifetime) to Racetrack, Ubehebe crater or??? Mid November it starts cooling off and we can make more solid plans. All of these locations can be run with stock or built vehicles and can be found on YouTube and are worth checking out.
I'll roll anywhere with you, Brother Bob. In fact, I nominate you trail lead! I'll even tailgun for ya...

[emoji108] [emoji106] [emoji1]

Is this officially unofficial or...how's that work again?

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
March seems like an eternity away. Although holidays will be difficult, I'm good for most Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday's. Hopefully others will start throwing out suggestions.
ya dont think that will work either. so March anyone lol