Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Is this a rocker panel friendly expedition? I can crank up my AHC to high if I need to, but not looking to do any rail slides with my hundo.
This trip is mostly graded (and washboard) roads. Dedekera Canyon has a couple small rock climbs but they are stock height friendly.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Just caught wind of this. Interested here. Cant afford a 4 day weekend right now. When i am interested in alabama hills trip. When i can log on and read this whole thread i will
Actually, it's only a three day weekend since meetup is anytime Thursday night... Maybe that makes it easier.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Lisa and I can be at Alabama hills late Thursday night around midnight cuz we both work. Anyone wanna post up some gps coordinates and a trail head since we have never been there and it will be dark.
Great!!! It's easy to get to and I think there is cell service. As it gets closer I'll post the details.

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

If we can go It will probably be departing best case scenario at 1800 from San Jose. Couple other questions is whats the drive time from SF bay area to the AO (Area of Operation).. Further never been there before and there does not seem to be a location itinerary yet. Is there one that has firmed up yet? I keep seeing pictures of the mine and want to make that journey for sure. Death Valley is also on my bucket list. My parents have traded stories of pre my brother and I of him taking his Chevy Luv truck out there.

Thanks in Advance! I really hope I can swing it. @amandashelbywho

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
If we can go It will probably be departing best case scenario at 1800 from San Jose. Couple other questions is whats the drive time from SF bay area to the AO (Area of Operation).. Further never been there before and there does not seem to be a location itinerary yet. Is there one that has firmed up yet? I keep seeing pictures of the mine and want to make that journey for sure. Death Valley is also on my bucket list. My parents have traded stories of pre my brother and I of him taking his Chevy Luv truck out there.

Thanks in Advance! I really hope I can swing it. @amandashelbywho
I can't speak to the drive time, maybe someone from NorCal will chime in and as far as arrival time, @Mademan925 wrote that he and Lisa will be rolling in around midnight. Regarding location within Alabama Hills, we should be easy to find by sight, radio (freqs will be determined as it gets closer) or cell.

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Ok...travel time from home is 6 hr 20 min. If we leave friday at 1800 and i make good time midnight tops. Gonna see what we might be able to pull ahift swap wise to get out early

Reactions: Narbob

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Ok...travel time from home is 6 hr 20 min. If we leave friday at 1800 and i make good time midnight tops. Gonna see what we might be able to pull ahift swap wise to get out early
Me too. If I leave at 4pm I could make it by 10:30. But I know I'll need to stop a couple times on the way, so it's looking like 11ish.

Reactions: Narbob

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

If possible, could we form a small Bay Area convoy?
Sounds good to me. I have my cell phone and CB for comms. I'm planning on leaving right after work Thursday the 10th.

That would make my route; 680 south to 580 east until I take 205 to get to 120. 120 East will take us all the way over to 395 southbound. I'm down to meet anywhere along the way. Concord, Walnut Creek, Dublin, Tracy....

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

Sounds good to me. I have my cell phone and CB for comms. I'm planning on leaving right after work Thursday the 10th.

That would make my route; 680 south to 580 east until I take 205 to get to 120. 120 East will take us all the way over to 395 southbound. I'm down to meet anywhere along the way. Concord, Walnut Creek, Dublin, Tracy....
Okay, cool. Does meeting at 680 and 580 work? There is a Safeway there that we could meet at. Maybe we can also trade phone # via PM.