Adventure / Overland motorcycles

• HTML tutorial

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

Got me a new toy a few weeks ago. 2014 crf250 bored out to 300cc.
Fuel injected and currently set up with super moto wheels, brakes and tires.
It came with the factory rims and tires but they need new tires. I'll get some DOT dirt tires when I have the suspension tuned up.

I already put on a luggage rack, USB power supply ports with integral battery monitor, new headlights and turn signals and a phone/GPS holder with USB power supply ports as well
The supermoto set up is way too much fun but i can't wait to hit the dirt.
Edit* tonight I went to goodwill and bought a nice piece of luggage that I modified and mounted to the rack. I friggin love it.

Attachments

Last edited:

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

Got some Dunlop D606's in for my crf yesterday.
Taking it to the shop today to have the suspension gone though and tuned up.
I'm so excited to get dirt tires on this. My coworker just picked up a dual sport wr426f and my other good friend is getting new tires on his drz400.
They both say they are down to do some dual sport camping but I'm not sure if we have the same definition of camping I am a Eagle Scout and have very little requirements to be happy in the bush. Let's see who's willing to man up and take the ride with me

Reactions: gabe

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

She's almost ready for battle.
I picked her up last night and quickly
installed some new parts that arrived while she was in the shop.
I love the way she sits. I got a 90 instead of 80 on the rear tire so she sits a little taller than factory now. Love it.

Attachments

gabe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

miami
Member #

She's almost ready for battle.
I picked her up last night and quickly
installed some new parts that arrived while she was in the shop.
I love the way she sits. I got a 90 instead of 80 on the rear tire so she sits a little taller than factory now. Love it.
Beautiful bike

Reactions: SiDbaru

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

No more "Angry Bird", say hello to the new face lift crf300L
Only a few more upgrades and spare parts to buy then she's ready for the battle field.
Yesterday I made some brackets and mounted some new lights . The yellow halogen is for driving around town and the light bar is to illuminate the abyss.
I was able to leave the factory harness 100% intact without any modification to the wiring.
Also wired the blinkers on the bark Buster's.

Looks like it's going to be raining this weekend so I'll be installing the race tech front spring upgrade and rebuilding the forks, as well as doing a oil change.

Attachments

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
No more "Angry Bird", say hello to the new face lift crf300L
Only a few more upgrades and spare parts to buy then she's ready for the battle field.
Yesterday I made some brackets and mounted some new lights . The yellow halogen is for driving around town and the light bar is to illuminate the abyss.
I was able to leave the factory harness 100% intact without any modification to the wiring.
Also wired the blinkers on the bark Buster's.

Looks like it's going to be raining this weekend so I'll be installing the race tech front spring upgrade and rebuilding the forks, as well as doing a oil change.
Sick! Racetech makes killer springs and suspension parts

Reactions: gabe and SiDbaru

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

I put the new bushings, seals and fluid in the front forks well as installed the Race Tech fork spring.
She also got a oil and filter change.
Installed a neutral indicator light, gps Speedo, battery volt meter, USB port, new shift lever and a taller kickstand,.

Tonight I am going to install the Trail Tech tto temperature sensor and gauge. Also wire in a low fuel indicator light.

Pictures to come...
(Bar risers and tachometer/hour meter in the way)