Adventure / Overland motorcycles

• HTML tutorial

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

The voltmeter I isus is just a cheap one I had to writ into the harness. But trail Tech makes a slick one of you want to go that route

Reactions: gabe

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
I’ve got a few pics! Actually our whole overlanding system is a combination of 4x4 and 2 wheeled vehicles. On almost every trip my wife will pilot our Jeep (We just replaced it, more info soon) and I’ll be on my Tiger 800XC. Lots of advantages — having a spare vehicle to go for help if needed being the big one. The other one being I really like riding!

Big Easy Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LaPlace, LA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Wingard
Member #

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this topic definitely interest me. I've done a good bit of day trip overlanding on my Triumph Scrambler 900. It was surprisingly capable off road even on tight technical steep single track trails. It didn't like deep mud or sand though... I ended up on my face trying to do deep mud in the middle of the Allegheny National Forest and broke my finger for my trouble. A bit of electrical tape and some Motrin and I was able to ride back to civilization.

Pennsylvainia Collage.jpg

Unfortunately I was rear ended and smashed between two cars a few years back and the Scrambler got scrambled. As a result the most epic photos I have at elevation are both of my Triumph Rocket III Touring.

R3T Mt Evans.jpg
Mt. Evans July 2018

R3T Pikes Peak.jpg

Pike's Peak July 2018

Attachments

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this topic definitely interest me. I've done a good bit of day trip overlanding on my Triumph Scrambler 900. It was surprisingly capable off road even on tight technical steep single track trails. It didn't like deep mud or sand though... I ended up on my face trying to do deep mud in the middle of the Allegheny National Forest and broke my finger for my trouble. A bit of electrical tape and some Motrin and I was able to ride back to civilization.

View attachment 115992

Unfortunately I was rear ended and smashed between two cars a few years back and the Scrambler got scrambled. As a result the most epic photos I have at elevation are both of my Triumph Rocket III Touring.

View attachment 115994
Mt. Evans July 2018

View attachment 115996

Pike's Peak July 2018

Great to see another Triumph rider here, and those are beautiful pics. Sorry to hear about the scrambler; they are great little off-roaders.

If you want more Triumph adventure goodness, check out "Jupiter's Travels", by Ted Simon. Ted is a legend in motorcycle travel, having taken his Tiger around the world in the 1970s.

Reactions: Big Easy Overland

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

My Suzuki V-Strom 650, right before I sold it. I just wasn't riding it as much and it spent way more time on the road. It became a hassle to get it out of the garage past the vehicles and projects. I went to something smaller, lighter and more play friendly and easy to throw on the back of the motorhome0403181420.jpg. Kawasaki KLX250S now a 330, in process of modifications. Pictures out of order.

Attachments

Reactions: Narwhal

Bugnut

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Laven
Member #

This thread needs a nudge!

My Dirty Girl, 09 KLR650:

IMG_2896_zpsb07b3869.jpg

Roaming around a few years later:

20180907_150944.jpg

And the Speedy Girl, 08 C14:
20180427_104344.jpg

20180703_081316.jpg
IMG_0154_zpsec2dca51.jpg

And it does well on pavement too!
1184321_zps1dpetk97.jpg
718155bb-a16f-4a0e-8da2-05c9820e3bae_zpsnoauqxsc.jpg

I plasti-dipped the bike for our Concours rally's a couple years back. Kinda stuck out a bit! :-)

Mike

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
The Plastidip looks really good! I thought you got a new bike there for a moment between photos. The Kawasaki Green sure does stick out and it’s quite a unique thing on a rig like that, and I think it works! Great job and great photos.

Bugnut

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Laven
Member #

Thanks, I had to peal that off after about a month. Just too bright for my day to day taste. I've had that bike 12 years now and it really needs a fresh paint job, but still rides like new.

Reactions: ChasingOurTrunks