Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hank, are we setting up a base camp at the Limekiln Campground or setting up camp each night along the way? Of coarse that will depend on the road being open.
If the roads are open I was thinking of getting into the woods a bit friday night. Camp there and Saturday make our way towards the Cedar River Flow and camp there Saturday night. We will see what we find when we get there.

kudra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio, NY
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO2BFG
People keep asking me if this trip will be canceled due to the weather. They don’t understand you can’t plan over landing around it. It’s all part of the adventure. That being said the forecast sucks.

Charlie W2YBX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Steward I

Long Island, New York, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W2YBX
People keep asking me if this trip will be canceled due to the weather. They don’t understand you can’t plan over landing around it. It’s all part of the adventure. That being said the forecast sucks.
Yeah I'm in the same boat. I'm bringing my pops with me. He hasn't been to the Adirondacks since Johnson was in office lol. I said basically the same thing, it's all part of the adventure. Then I said " You have until I show up at your house at 4am on Friday morning to tell me you're not coming." He's coming =)

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

UPDATE:
A little change in plans.... The Rally Point will remain the same for Friday but we have found out that the trails we were planning to camp on will not be open until Memorial Day weekend at the earliest.
So...with that being said we will plan to camp at Limekiln Lake Campground Friday night. The sites are $20 per night and I believe they will allow two vehicles per site. Split the cost with another rig if you like and save some cash.

As far as Saturday goes, there are still a lot of dirt roads and scenic views to taking and we can discuss Saturday night camp spot on Friday. We may want to check out a different location or keep our Limekiln sites as a base camp.

A couple of us are heading up Friday morning to try to get a better idea of camping/locations. I will update any changes on this post and on the OB event link. My cell is 315-591-5603 and I will be monitoring CB channel 19.

Remember...We need to be aware of how we store our food (Bears) and with the forecast we should be prepared for some rain. Extra clothes/shoes, well thought out food storage and extra tarps and lines. Also, if you are bringing dogs be sure to have all needed paperwork...The state parks check them before allowing entry.

Last edited:

kudra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio, NY
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO2BFG
I had a feeling that might happen with the rain. Oh well it’s all good. Like you said this campground has a Bear problem due to the morons that have left food out for them in the past. See you all Friday!

kudra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio, NY
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO2BFG
I’ll be there about the same time. I am stopping in Old Forge at Mountain Man Outdoor to get a few supplies on the way. I’ll have my ham radio on 146.520 as well.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

I should be hitting the area around 12:30-1. Again, my number is 315-591-5603 and I will be monitoring channel 19 on the CB and channel 7 on FRS. I plan to check out camping areas, get a game plan and meet everyone at the rally point. I know of one spot I am going to check first and if it's available I will set up some things to reserve it for us. Mother nature has put a kink in the plans but it will all work out and we should have a blast! See you all there!!!

Reactions: Charlie W2YBX

Andrew Warnock

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Elma ny
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Warnock
Member #

Hey y’all, I’m unable to make it this weekend, really wish I could but I have some family matters I have to take care of. Hopefully we’ll have an other trip soon, hope you all have a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Charlie W2YBX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Steward I

Long Island, New York, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W2YBX
Here's a huge THANKS to Hank for running this expedition. I had an awesome time, and aside a few minor bumps, pops had a great time as well. (He even said he'll do it again if I get him a grab handle! No problem, pops). Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for being so kind, accommodating, and for all of the help/information I received regarding gear and how to do things right! This was my first vacation/outing since 2005, and I needed it desperately! I'll run with any of you anytime I am able.sorry for all that didn't make it.

See you soon!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Here's a huge THANKS to Hank for running this expedition. I had an awesome time, and aside a few minor bumps, pops had a great time as well. (He even said he'll do it again if I get him a grab handle! No problem, pops). Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for being so kind, accommodating, and for all of the help/information I received regarding gear and how to do things right! This was my first vacation/outing since 2005, and I needed it desperately! I'll run with any of you anytime I am able.sorry for all that didn't make it.

See you soon!
Glad you made it! Say hi to pops and we'll see you on the next one!

Reactions: Charlie W2YBX

Johannes Courtens

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kinderhook, NY
Member #

Hey y'all! I am heading up to Cedar River Flow this weekend and I am hoping to emulate this trip with my wife. I wanted to make this trip originally but my work schedule couldn't allow. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!