Adirondacks: Moose River Plains to Cedar River Flow - 05/18/2018

• HTML tutorial

Tankcmdr

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stuyvesant, NY
Member #

Hey Hank, I'm in! I've driven that road/trail a few times. There are plenty of sites along the route that are a first come basis. The main camp area at Ceder River Flow are reservation sites.

Prepared Adventurer

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

New York
I am new and interested in the event. Is this a tame ride or hard core wheeling? Let me know more about the event and looking for same answers to questions above about campsite reservations.

Reactions: Charlie W2YBX

Tankcmdr

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stuyvesant, NY
Member #

Welcome Prepared Adventurer, the trail is fairly tame. There may be some small wash outs that time of year but there is nothing crazy. There are a number of sites which are on a first come basis. Just under the pic on top of page is a yellow tab "view rally point details" click on that and more info can be found. Hope to see you there!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

The sites are first come first serve. The trails are seasonal roads, there will be some rougher spots but I don't forsee anything that would be trouble for any stock 4x4 or AWD vehicle. I wouldn't try it in a BMW that has 2" of ground clearance and street tires, but I'm sure someone has done it! Lol

Should be a very relaxed weekend with great scenery! Hope to see you all there!

Sean Hank Haney

Reactions: Charlie W2YBX

Charlie W2YBX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Steward I

Long Island, New York, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W2YBX
Heyas!

I'm looking forward to the trip in a few weeks. I'm in the process of researching and buying gear (first time at this, might even just sleep in the vehicle).

I'm not sure how groups normally keep in communications with each other. I'm a Ham operator and I'll be bringing my handheld with me (I haven't outfitted a mobile radio yet). My call sign is W2YBX, If there are any other Ham's going we can stay in touch. there aren't many repeaters up there so might have to stick to simplex. Can always exchange phone numbers as well.

See you all soon =)

kudra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio, NY
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO2BFG
Heyas!

I'm looking forward to the trip in a few weeks. I'm in the process of researching and buying gear (first time at this, might even just sleep in the vehicle).

I'm not sure how groups normally keep in communications with each other. I'm a Ham operator and I'll be bringing my handheld with me (I haven't outfitted a mobile radio yet). My call sign is W2YBX, If there are any other Ham's going we can stay in touch. there aren't many repeaters up there so might have to stick to simplex. Can always exchange phone numbers as well.

See you all soon =)

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Charlie W2YBX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Steward I

Long Island, New York, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W2YBX
I too am a ham operator. KC2VTQ I haven’t been on in a long time but with bring my radio.

Awesome! I got my ham tech license last year and got my first radio not too long ago. I've been looking into other types of radio communications, GMRS, FRS, good ol' CB. I'll probably pick up a CB at some point and might get a GMRS too. Have to see what groups use that I run with, I'm trying not to run 6 radios in my rig if I can =) plus I'm looking into GPS units/apps, do I go tablet? Phone? GPS unit? So many choices!