Ohio, NY
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO2BFG
Awesome! I got my ham tech license last year and got my first radio not too long ago. I've been looking into other types of radio communications, GMRS, FRS, good ol' CB. I'll probably pick up a CB at some point and might get a GMRS too. Have to see what groups use that I run with, I'm trying not to run 6 radios in my rig if I can =) plus I'm looking into GPS units/apps, do I go tablet? Phone? GPS unit? So many choices!

Charlie W2YBX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Steward I

Long Island, New York, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W2YBX
My hopes are to get there around Noon on Friday. I'll be leaving my house at 4 or 4:30 to get through NYC before Friday traffic begins (you never can tell what to expect tho!)

kudra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio, NY
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO2BFG
It will take me about an hour and a half to get there. Are we meeting at the campground entrance or at the checkpoint (ranger station) to the plains?

Reactions: Charlie W2YBX

SutchFJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Killington Vt
Member #

We won't be out there until 7 or so. My fiance is a teacher so she doesn't get out until 3:30 then it'll be a good 3 hour drive anyway. Are we doing a camp site ?

kudra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio, NY
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO2BFG
The Moose River Plains has a lot of camp sites but most will only handle one or two vehicles. Plus it's nice and spread out so it's not like staying in a camp ground where you can see everyone else.

kudra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio, NY
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO2BFG
I don’t at this time. But I will be driving my 100 Series Land Cruiser. I’ll be watching for your FJ along with the other rigs.

SutchFJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Killington Vt
Member #

I'm very excited for this trip, I grew up on sacandoga lake and snowmobiled through this area every year but I've never explored it in the warmer months.

SutchFJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Killington Vt
Member #

Awesome! I got my ham tech license last year and got my first radio not too long ago. I've been looking into other types of radio communications, GMRS, FRS, good ol' CB. I'll probably pick up a CB at some point and might get a GMRS too. Have to see what groups use that I run with, I'm trying not to run 6 radios in my rig if I can =) plus I'm looking into GPS units/apps, do I go tablet? Phone? GPS unit? So many choices!
I'll show you my tablet set up and apps I use. It's s huge help when playing on class 4 roads.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Still playing the meeting point by ear. Some of the trails are still closed from the winter. I qm keeping an eye on the DEC website. Worst case scenario we would have to get sites at the campground.
I am headed up there Friday morning, hoping to be in the area by noon to scope things out. Let's hope some dry weather is in the forecast!

kudra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio, NY
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO2BFG
A friend of mine lives on the Indian Lake side and he said it was gated the other day. He said he would let me know when they open it up on his end. Definitely looking forward to this meet up.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

A friend of mine lives on the Indian Lake side and he said it was gated the other day. He said he would let me know when they open it up on his end. Definitely looking forward to this meet up.
Me too! I am checking the DEC site every couple days and my route there will take me on some dirt roads as well. I will be scouting the entire way there!

kudra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio, NY
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO2BFG
Hank, are we setting up a base camp at the Limekiln Campground or setting up camp each night along the way? Of coarse that will depend on the road being open.