Adam's 2005 4Runner

• HTML tutorial

TheAdventureIndex

Rank V
Investor

Member III

San Mateo,CA
Member #

Great Build Adam. Ive seen you around some other forums. I too have a 2005 4Runner. I love your drawer system and looking to do something similar. Look forward to your progress!
Ah yes, I recognize your rig as well! Just working on the CAD now. should be ready for sharing sooner than later. :O

TheAdventureIndex

Rank V
Investor

Member III

San Mateo,CA
Member #

That is a sure fine build you got there. Would you happen to have the plans and/or item list for the drawer build? It looks great and I'd like to try to mimic it.
I've got a 3D CAD in the works. It will be freely available to the community, so follow and keep in touch!

Also! this video is from April of last year.... but combination of life happening and my computer crashing/not being able to handle 8 hours of footage.... gives me some sort of legitimate excuse for how late it is...right?
HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT! Feel free to comment feedback, subscribe, and like! :grin:

TheAdventureIndex

Rank V
Investor

Member III

San Mateo,CA
Member #

Any update on those CAD plans? I'm itching to get a drawer system going. Thanks man!
Laptop with the CAD had its motherboard fried. 2 months later I'm just about to get it back, AMEX Extended warranty is a blessing and a curse.

Sorry for the delays everyone!

Here's some pics to make your mouth water in the meantime :)

Toyfool

Rank I

Traveler I

Awesome rig and fantastic work. Love it!
How tall is your drawer system? Looks like it sits in just above the wheel wells. Were there any issues nesting drawers height wise and do you think nesting 3 drawers would work with this height?
What's you opinion on the locking slides. Could you get away with 1 per drawer? Looks like you have locks on both sides of the right drawer.

Gettin' Shacked808

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

New to the forums, did you release the CAD? I would love to modify the dimensions for my FZJ80! Super sick design!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
Awesome rig and fantastic work. Love it!
How tall is your drawer system? Looks like it sits in just above the wheel wells. Were there any issues nesting drawers height wise and do you think nesting 3 drawers would work with this height?
What's you opinion on the locking slides. Could you get away with 1 per drawer? Looks like you have locks on both sides of the right drawer.
The side "flaps" are designed to sit on top of the wheel wells, so the total height of the drawer system is about 1/2" above the wheel wells. The main drawers have one locking slide per drawer. The nested drawer has two locking slides, but only because they come in pairs, it would be fine with a single locking slide.

- Matt

Reactions: TheAdventureIndex

Toyfool

Rank I

Traveler I

The side "flaps" are designed to sit on top of the wheel wells, so the total height of the drawer system is about 1/2" above the wheel wells. The main drawers have one locking slide per drawer. The nested drawer has two locking slides, but only because they come in pairs, it would be fine with a single locking slide.

- Matt
What did you use to cut the slots for the slide locks? Did you use something like a boring bit or something else?
Could you explain how the vertical boards are attached to the top/bottom boards? I was thinking of slotting the top and bottom boards to hold the vertical boards in place and give a bit more support.

Last edited: