Accidental Overland Bound meetup!

• HTML tutorial

Revere

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, Kentucky
Member #

We had an accidental meetup this weekend in the Daniel Boone National Forest, Kentucky. @trailspinTV, who I met at an Overland Bound meetup in November, texted me yesterday saying he would be coming to kentucky from Indiana. His buddy, @Burning Man came in with a friend around 4am this morning too. When they rolled into the campground @Scott Ross and Christina, who were also at the November meetup, happened to be there with a couple of friends (who are OLB members, but I can't find them!). It was completely by chance that they were there at the same time as us.

There has been a lot of rain recently. The main trails were fine, if a little flooded. The side trails where a sloppy mess and we had to skip out of a few of the steeper ones.

I have some pictures here, and look forward to seeing the pictures from the others who stayed longer.

NMLoverlook (2 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (3 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (4 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (5 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (6 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (7 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (8 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (9 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (10 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (11 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (12 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (13 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (14 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (15 of 16).jpg NMLoverlook (16 of 16).jpg

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

Second time down there, 7 hours each direction, and a total blast every time! What a random way to run into people you've only met one other time and in the same exact place. Had a great weekend in Kentucky, and a great time Saturday running the trails with everyone! Video on our channel soon.

Revere

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, Kentucky
Member #

Second time down there, 7 hours each direction, and a total blast every time! What a random way to run into people you've only met one other time and in the same exact place. Had a great weekend in Kentucky, and a great time Saturday running the trails with everyone! Video on our channel soon.
Post it here when you're done, I'd like to see it!

TacoTime31424

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New member to this form, still have to become a overland bound member. That trip was a lot of fun, already preparing for the next one. Was awesome meeting everyone. Couldn’t of asked for a better Saturday.

Reactions: trailspinTV

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

Here it is! So much footage to go through, it was hard to not make a 45 minutes video. Sorry that @TacoTime31424 and @Scott Ross didn't get more camera time. @WindyBadger is always getting left out since he leads the pack! @Burning Man came all the way down from Chicago too. So worth the trip, and we hope to see all of you guys again soon! Winterfest at Badlands, anyone?

TacoTime31424

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I really wish we could make it to winterfest but it sounds like we have plans that weekend already. That’s the weekend of the 10th right? It’s hard planning around everything with a kid lol. @trailspinTV so is the badlands winterfest one of those events where groups of people go on a sort of treasure hunt? Someone at 4wheelparts said they team up to get pics at landmarks for points in a treasure hunting sort of contest.