Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
I am a veteran with a disability because of that I was able to get an access card. Access card allows me to get into national Parks and get half-price camping at national campgrounds. At least it's been that way up till now I showed up in the Lincoln national Forest needing to get a campground so I could get some stuff done that I can't do out in the field. I went to several of the forest service campgrounds and they denied my access card from my discount. I called the local Forest service district office and their response was because the national Park service we're the ones who issued the access cards not the national forest service access cards are not entitled to the discount here in the Lincoln national Forest. I want to know if anybody else that has an access card are being denied there discounts at u.s. facilities?

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
you need to have three access cards... National Parks, Us Forrest Service, and the state parks pass for your state. They are all three separate entities... I do not know if BLM has an access card for camp grounds for disabled vets.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Haven’t heard of the issue. On a separate note do you have information on how to apply? I too am a disabled veteran.
Take your disability rating letter to your NPS, USFS, and State ranger stations.
I have my access card and I've used it and I have always gotten my discount until I got to the Lincoln national Forest and they don't honor it.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I have my access card and I've used it and I have always gotten my discount until I got to the Lincoln national Forest and they don't honor it.
National parks and national forrests are two separate entities, two separate cards are needed

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
National parks and national forrests are two separate entities, two separate cards are needed
Really I have not heard that. I have been in other national Forest that accepted my access card. I guess that clears that up. Does it work the same way as the parks I just take it to the u.s. forest service office to get another type of access card?

Reactions: M Rose

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
and why does the back of my access card say it's honored in all u.s. Forest service campgrounds?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
National Forest Lifetime Access Pass

NAtional Parks Lifetime Access Pass

Reactions: BullNV

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’m trying to find the list of 2,000 campgrounds that your pass is good for...

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I believe this is an interagency pass am I wrong?
It’s called Interagency Pass, and is different than the America The Beautiful Pass.

Edit: I am wrong.. ABP is the interagency pass...

I do know some Forrest service campgrounds have blackout dates, while others just (usually real popular CGs) don’t recognize the pass, while others yet don’t realize they are supposed to honor the pass... the best way to check is to call the ranger station for that ranger district and find out... sometimes I have heard of them offering a rebate of some kind (especially to disabled vets).

Last edited:
Reactions: Boppa's Travels

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
I believe this is an interagency pass am I wrong?
It’s called Interagency Pass, and is different than the America The Beautiful Pass.
So how do I get an interagency pass? Is it the same as doing the America the beautiful? I just take my paperwork to the u.s. forest service? And why do they accept the America beautiful pass and the senior pass here in the national Lincoln Forest but not my access card?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I am a veteran with a disability because of that I was able to get an access card. Access card allows me to get into national Parks and get half-price camping at national campgrounds. At least it's been that way up till now I showed up in the Lincoln national Forest needing to get a campground so I could get some stuff done that I can't do out in the field. I went to several of the forest service campgrounds and they denied my access card from my discount. I called the local Forest service district office and their response was because the national Park service we're the ones who issued the access cards not the national forest service access cards are not entitled to the discount here in the Lincoln national Forest. I want to know if anybody else that has an access card are being denied there discounts at u.s. facilities?
The back of my lifetime card says that you have to check with the local parks to see if they will give the discounts into their locations. I have not ever used mine since I received it last December. Read the back of your card to see if it says something similar.
In any case that stinks.

Reactions: Boppa's Travels

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
The back of my lifetime card says that you have to check with the local parks to see if they will give the discounts into their locations. I have not ever used mine since I received it last December. Read the back of your card to see if it says something similar.
In any case that stinks.
Well if worse comes to worse I turn 62 in 3 months amount just get the senior pass cuz apparently that's accepted everywhere. And for the record after being turned down twice I didn't even ask on the third one I just filled out the form and put the number on it I guess we'll see how that works out

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
So how do I get an interagency pass? Is it the same as doing the America the beautiful? I just take my paperwork to the u.s. forest service? And why do they accept the America beautiful pass and the senior pass here in the national Lincoln Forest but not my access card?
Because they are ignorant of what your card is...

Reactions: Downs

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Using the Access Pass — Where It’s Accepted
The Forest Service, the National Park Service, Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and US Army Corps of Engineers honor the Access Pass at sites where entrance, standard amenity or day use fees are charged. The Access Pass may also provide a discount on some expanded amenity fees, such as camping — squire locally about any additional benefits or discounts.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
So according to this passage that I just cut and paste into the thread. It says the u.s. forest service honors my access card or at least supposed to.