Abenteuer & Allrad 2018

• HTML tutorial

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

3C6F2EB0-05CF-47B9-B981-0766C04476C3.jpeg They is always the option for uk based people to share one or two vehicles and get a few people in to keep costs down. We considered that last year but a lot of people drop out and left only two of us. So we just went on our motorbikes instead...

Reactions: MazeVX and nickburt

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

I want to go to Germany again but this year is not an option as other trips clash with it. It is an expensive from uk to Germany with your own vehicle. Even though I do enjoy it and the company last year was awesome. the show was great too...good weather too. Maybe next one will be better.

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

Will see what money is like....are you going to Germany from wales Robert....I have spent thousands of pounds trying to get my 4x4 finished. Nearly their now...order my suspension now. Waiting for it to arrive then get it fitted with snorkel and diff breather kit....only thing left is the electrical system to install and this phase will be finished.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

We are driving from Wales to Bad Kissingen, more or less. We will visit home, just for the monday and tuesday morning. We will leave on tuesday around 12 for BK.

Iam very curious to your car now. Are there any pictures?

Reactions: MazeVX

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

I want to go Robert, but I have two trips away the day before Germany. Going away into highlands of Scotland on my bike and personal trip to visit friends for two days. That will cost me a lot on its own , just timing is bad. But I am planning to go again next and come for a longer trip with my girlfriend and possibly our youngest. I am planning some pictures but last few weekends we have had storms and snow. I will be doing a post on the car in the next few weeks.

Reactions: MazeVX

Christian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Duesseldorf, Germany
Member #

Due to some unpleasant events I had to cancel my plans for Bad Kissingen, so I'm no longer in. Sorry lads. Have a great time there and have some beers for me.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

We're going on Friday, happy to meet you again Robert!
What about dinner together?

Last edited:

GeoCampers #4771

Mid Europe Local Expert, France, Belgium
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Werm, Belgium
First Name
Toon
Last Name
Dams
Member #

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

Well, we are home as well, a bit late and with a recovery truck, due a broken airco compressor and a busted V-rib Belt, but all fine.
So, it was a superb week over there. With loads of good weather and great company.
We did meet up with @GeoCampers #4771 , @Glander #10404, @rooftopoverland #12315, @Ferenc #8606 and @vanlife4x4
Further there were loads of people we talked about Overland Bound and we did spread the word.
The persons of this weekend are Ferenc and his Girlfriend Eveline, And Jochen. A man from 71 who drove all kind of cars over the world.
If all goes according plan he will guide us through the desert of Marokko in 2020.

The Event was again wonderful, slightly dissapointed was the totally abcenty of UK members, and the Europe Ambassador. Or even @Corrie and @Michael .
The biggest event in the world and we were so alone :disrelieved::disrelieved::disrelieved::sob:

Then again, it was still superb.

Here some pictures of it all.

Tuesdaymorning, no one there, at least it was fairly empty.

Overland Bound Base Camp.

Here you see Jochens Truck

Still all empty. This is by the way, campsite nr 1. There are 4 of them.

Tuesday afternoon.

And it is going to be a great evening. Good talks and very confusing due languages, we spoke German, Dutch, English in Random Order.

Friends and co visitors of the event were mingling just fine

And the site was crowded on the wednessday evening.

Food corner, with all kind of food and ways to prepare it.

And all kind of sleeping spots
I made a Damper, it was great

Start posing for the Overland Bound picture. Directed by Agatha of @rooftentoverland .

Oeps, missed one

We looked in admiring to the Overland Bound Flag.

Much better. I was serious at that moment. More or less
In the evening Ferenc, Eveline and Jim came along, They will do a trip from Hungary to Singapore by Toyota Prado
See https://overlandsite.com/

Well, all good things come to an end, so this as well. We drove home with a broken airco compressor so we hope to get home. We did, but on the back of a recovery truck.
V-rib belt was down and so even with a perfect running engine, we couldnt drive due the loss of power to the altenator, water pump and power steering.
But we are home, and we are feeling happy that we will have found new friends and loads of interesting people who will join us on our trips through Europe an Africa.

Next year we hope to have a bigger Overland Bound Base Camp.