AA1PR Yukon Build and Adventures OB#325

• HTML tutorial
E

expeditionnorth

OK I wanted to be different and break from the norm, so I decided upon a 2004 GMC Yukon
here is only after a few weeks of ownership

Currently:

this winter my son added these on for me:
Mcbay 1.5' rear coil spacers

up front

rear

& moog 81069 aka Z71 springs

& instead of a custom front bumper since I like mine I decided upon a front receiver

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kelly
E

expeditionnorth

& thats about it in a nutshell

other than checking out some local trails every now & then

if any of you ever make it to VT, let me know & we'll explore some trails together

E

expeditionnorth

I like that one, but no like this:

I'm disabled & need one I can hopefully manage, last summer I had a flat tire & learned I cant get the tire out from the stock location which is underneath the rig

even if I get someone to help me, this ought to be better

E

expeditionnorth

went out exploring today

thought it made for a good shot

had to do some routine maintenance to our geocache

which way to go

the view from near the top of old hubbardton rd

fire hill rd is now gated

OMYA & hogback quarry

so I drove to the other end of firehill rd & its blocked but passable if one desired

E

expeditionnorth

feeling good today after my radio frequency nervation on the back yesterday

so I decided it was time to get those roof LED's finally live wired

$6 for more wire and 1 hour later, here ya go

kind of washed out here

so I took another

& the other side

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello E.N.

Your pictures we cant see.
Use the img link above to try again.

Greetings from Robert

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Robert,

I think @administrator must have turned off BB Code on the forum, because my photos placed with BB Code don't work any more, either, and there's no way to go back and edit them.

Steve

E

expeditionnorth

<p>photos are working here ?<br /> at 10:45 tonight I had to run into rutland to get my youngest, ex wouldnt bring her back...<br /> decided to get a nighttime pic of those roof LED's<br /> at a tree about 50' away<br /> <br /> straight on<br /> <br /> & 45 degrees off<br /> /2015-05-16%2023.43.06.jpg.html]
[/URL]</p>

E

expeditionnorth

<p>hope this works..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>decided after the dreaded chore of laundry I wanted to head up into the Green Mtns...</p>
<p></p>
<p>eyed this apple tree preparing for the upcoming season on the side of the old logging road, will be later for the apples</p>
<p></p>
<p>ah the beaver pond</p>
<p></p>
<p>looked for fish & found this an old cable</p>
<p></p>
<p>black flies & mosquitoes were too plentiful, was trying to play around with angles</p>
<p></p>
<p></p>
<p></p>
<p></p>
<p></p>
<p>had to check on one of my geocaches & tried to get a pic over the bank on the final leg home</p>
<p></p>

E

expeditionnorth

oops link didnt post, lets try again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iIKhvVIGwk

E

expeditionnorth

got the rear tire carrier finished off today with the help of my dad
started off by welding on another piece of 3/16X4X8" flat stock over the old piece, welded along all four edgees & filled in the bolts holes from the back side & used the step bit to get nice straight 1/2" holes on the 5.5" spacing

added several layers of duct tape to prevent the aluminum rim from sticking onto the plate stock, dont need another headache
used some etching primer over all the new welded parts & then a few layers of gloss black for good measure

Got it installed to see what it will look like

I can open the rear window with the tire mounted with room to spare

A couple of side shots

Forgot here is how I bolted it to the rear bumper to stiffen up the side to side play it had which was ever so slightly, but 1/32” over time could grow into more I thought

Got the tire torqued on to about 75lbs & the cover on to spiff things up some

Also added on my rear shackle

Backed up to my moms stock jeep its apparent how much departure angle I’m losing with it back there

Not great but not bad, not sure how long I can live with it
Went up & down the dirt road & tried to get a short video to see if it moves any
[Click on picture for video]

E

expeditionnorth

Picked up some more supplies

been bored & not liking my rear tire carrier, so I decided to take a notch out of it & re-weld it back together

Final look, with fresh paint

took the fender flares off last month & discovered rust, so I had to replace the wheel well panel & the passengers fender...
did some more sanding on the drivers rear panel, got a skim coat of regular bondo on it so I could get the slight imperfections out, with the long board

back was hurting so I stopped here

also had to replace the rear LED, no apparent reason why it failed, it was those supposedly Cree bulbs off ebay, need I say more

E

expeditionnorth

Got a pic of the colorful gondolas, surprised mountain biking season hasn’t opened up there

Went back down to mountain green parking lot & played around with shots

& of course like a sight see’er I had to get this pic

Snapped a few more by Pico Mtn

Inn at the Long Trail, nice pub & good food

A quick snap shot of Pico on the way by

& then onto home for the night

E

expeditionnorth

June 6th 2015 Covered bridges Half Marathon
Helped out again for the third year for the Covered bridges half Marathin in Quechee VT at checkpoint #10 again, heres the slideshow of some of the pics from there
http://s685.photobucket.com/user/aa1pr/slideshow/2015%20Covered%20Bridges%20Half%20Marathon%20Quechee%20VT

noticed out the corner of my eye killington removed the ski lift that was here since I was a kid

on our way home me & the youngest tried to take a side trip up over Bear Mtn, but there was some sort of race being held there that had the road closed, so I got some shots any how by the gondola

Yes that’s snow, its on superstar trail or where again the old superstar lift used to be, not sure why killington is removing all the lifts

E

expeditionnorth

& my attempt with the GoPro for video, its been a while since I've used it

sometimes its just the places we get to that we enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t94MNhYAfNc&feature=youtu.be

E

expeditionnorth

the quart of chassis saver arrived yesterday & I picked up a 3X4' section of 1/8" body sheet metal to get my rockers redone by my boy

I have a few holes starting in the rockers as mentioned & instead of just cutting out the bad holes & putting something over it, we opened the length of it up, wire wheeled on the grinder & drill the crap out of there

etching primer, paint & then rubberized undercoating

in the pic above you can see how the dupont kevlar spray can bed liner coating flaked off & created a capillary effect holding moisture underneath it, this is the problem with bed liner coatings if it becomes chipped

we'll form the metal & weld that in, maybe some light marglass over that, primer, paint & then mostaliner later on

its never ending....

E

expeditionnorth

July 31st 2015

I had cabin fever again, its either sit at home & stare at the same 4 walls & be in pain or go out exploring, so we did just that.

So I decided to head up to my favorite spot & get some new photos with the Monstaliner

I thought my decal in the photo looked good

So we headed over to Blueberry Hill to get some blueberries, sadly we missed the cash crop by a week or so too late. We picked what we could find, went to another area & got some red caps & black berries to add to the mix as well. The youngest wants to use these in the hotcakes tomorrow, sounds good to me.

Knowing this wasn’t going to be enough we stopped off at the local farm stand & got a quart of blueberries to add to our mix along with some other goodies.

Decided it was time since I had the winch on to go check out the trail that had me bothered for fear of being stuck. I was amazed at just how smooth the classIV trail was once I got over the peak.

This pullover looks like a perfect camping spot

I turned around right before the beaver dam while the little one scouted out more berries.

OH almost forget there was this 3500 with a camper at blueberry hill, nice setup.

I just had to get some scenic shots today…hopefully the cell worked

I don’t want to bore everyone with photos, here’s more if so desired ~ http://s685.photobucket.com/user/aa1pr/slideshow/Exploring%20VT/July31st%202015%20Moosalamoo

Video later

E

expeditionnorth

July 31st 2015

I had cabin fever again, its either sit at home & stare at the same 4 walls & be in pain or go out exploring, so we did just that.

So I decided to head up to my favorite spot & get some new photos with the Monstaliner

I thought my decal in the photo looked good

So we headed over to Blueberry Hill to get some blueberries, sadly we missed the cash crop by a week or so too late. We picked what we could find, went to another area & got some red caps & black berries to add to the mix as well. The youngest wants to use these in the hotcakes tomorrow, sounds good to me.

Knowing this wasn’t going to be enough we stopped off at the local farm stand & got a quart of blueberries to add to our mix along with some other goodies.

Decided it was time since I had the winch on to go check out the trail that had me bothered for fear of being stuck. I was amazed at just how smooth the classIV trail was once I got over the peak.

This pullover looks like a perfect camping spot

I turned around right before the beaver dam while the little one scouted out more berries.

OH almost forget there was this 3500 with a camper at blueberry hill, nice setup.