AA1PR Yukon Build and Adventures OB#325

• HTML tutorial
E

expeditionnorth

I just had to get some scenic shots today…hopefully the cell worked

I don’t want to bore everyone with photos, here’s more if so desired ~ http://s685.photobucket.com/user/aa1pr/slideshow/Exploring%20VT/July31st%202015%20Moosalamoo

Video later

E

expeditionnorth

I don’t want to bore everyone with photos, here’s more if so desired ~ http://s685.photobucket.com/user/aa1pr/slideshow/Exploring%20VT/July31st%202015%20Moosalamoo

took forever to get these to take ???

E

expeditionnorth

Video later

E

expeditionnorth

E

expeditionnorth

E

expeditionnorth

E

expeditionnorth

wont let me add the last few photos

lets try this...

everyone at the garage wanted to know what was on my rig today, Monstaliner !

little on wanted to do more fishing off the beaten path

& then I got looking at this HUGE old tree, it had to be at least 8' diameter no kidding

couldnt get the whole top into the lense

& of course the princess fishing

E

expeditionnorth

I havent updated anything in a few days, it feels as if we were non stop

Saturday, over to NY to get a wifi router for my new HSMM mesh node

my friend Bernie calls me on the radio & invites me & my daughter over to show off his new home & to visit

now I know why I prefer the country

seen these old classics one town up, on the way home, I wish i had some spare $$

almost home that evening, man I love where I live

Sunday we had to go North to get my daughter after her 3 week stint with VYCC, so glad she's now home, she is on the left

so today after doing some school shopping we tried that smooth trail again, this way all the way through the valley, only hit twice on the rear tire carrier & the dam area wasnt all that bad now

I'm not sure how I feel when I see signs like this in the middle of nowhere & yes it was by a gate

& what felt like forever but was only about 45 minutes we finally made it over to chittenden & the girls wanted to feed the fish, so we stopped at the hatchery, surprised the rig wasnt muddier

& that my friends was our mini adventures

E

expeditionnorth

havent been able to login , password reset hasnt worked,PM'd mike on twiiter & no help, but I'm finally back

some over the last couple of months out exploring

& yes autumn is almost over, we've had that white stuff falling a few times already too

E

expeditionnorth

Anything new going on @expeditionnorth ?
no I've been taking a break from overlanding

I thought I had my M416 posted but cant seem to find it anywhere

getting ready for summer... it was 46* here in VT today

& today I added one of these to the mix as well, its only8'X8' but will fit my needs nicely

in conjunction with my homebrew awning we ought to have enough shade/cover etc

& this 2 days ago

Reactions: Overland-Indiana
E

expeditionnorth

I've been hearing a slight noise coming from the rear every so often
decided it was time to re-do the rear since we redid the front last summer

I feel preventive maintenance goes a lot farther than waiting for the bad to happen
my little mike is becoming quite the mechanic, he had these done & bleed in about an hour, I guess my mentoring has paid off
he can use those skills on his jeep he is in the process of buying
so new rotors, ceramic pads, caliper & caliper brackets...
we had what appeared to be a ball bearing wedged in between the pad & rotor on the passengers side, not sure how that got there or how you could pick something up like that either????

the cheapest I could find the parts locally not counting the brake pads was $294
I ordered the parts direct from the manufacturers off amazon for $130 shipped, I got napa prem ceramics for $60 locally
I am so proud of him for always helping me out
soon he'll either lead or I'll follow behind him in his jeep
so now we're set once again

E

expeditionnorth

We attended the ExploringNH Intro to Overlanding July 15 2016 ( yes I know how to overland)
not trying to promote anything here, just had a grand time the short spell I was there
This course is unequivocal to say the least, the course is by no means a walk in the park, they test your limits
man were my eyes opened when we hit the trails & some very tight squeezes too
the hands on expertise is phenomenal, actual real world knowledge presented in an easy to follow style from Ryan, Chris & Shannon (I hope I remembered their names correctly)
rigs ranged from stock to a jeep that was totally modded
I discovered today that my rig is more capable than I am, before this I would have never imagined anything like this possible from it
sadly I left because the trails are too rough for my injury, the rest are there having fun still

my daughter snapped the pics, I was too busy sweating bullets

Last edited by a moderator:
E

expeditionnorth

participated with a few ham radio friends this weekend for the arrl sept vhf contest

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

& they decided to use my rig & its backdrop as our parting group photo

E

expeditionnorth

…tweaked the video again, I tried to add music in youtube & fouled it up so here is a new longer version with music
** WW1VT ARRL Sept 2016 VHF Contest Long Version **