• HTML tutorial

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Guessing a Gobi Rack?

we should get a few of the 4runner guys in Portland and some from up here in WA together for a run or a big meet and greet. would be awesome to do either the south section of the WABDR or the North end of the ORBDR.

Great looking rig!
That would be great @Michael Mayfarth maybe a run at Naches I've been wanting to go there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Swapped out my DDM 40W Saber LED DRLs for the XenonDepot 9005 Xtreme LED Pro DRLs and love them!

After a few months of running the DDM I was content with the output even though it was a little much. One day I pulled up to the garage and noticed one wasn't aligned correctly and upon inspection found the screw had become stripped from the grommet. I have dealt with DDM issues far too long to deal with this again so I decided to check out the XenonDepot kit and really wish I went with this the first time. I use the same kit for my headlights but at the time it was unclear if it would work with the DRLs. Glad to find out that they work, and they work better than any others! The color is awesome and there is almost no flicker - much less than DDM and only visible by trying to look for it. Not to mention the construction is much better.

Reactions: YETI X and Jimmy P

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Haven't posted in awhile so here are some updates:

I finally did my Dual Battery setup after a long time of putting it off. I did a very simple setup based off of @evldave on expeditionportal.com. I followed the following diagram:

I used an Optima D35 battery for the Auxiliary battery.

However, instead of just a regular isolator I opted for a Blue Sea 7610 that way there aren't any idiot switches being used that could be left on. This way it will simply charge and then if anything should happen it will cut off, leaving the main battery able to start.

So here are the items I used/purchased:

Off Grid 4x4 Battery Tray
Blue Sea 7610
Blue Sea ANL Fuse Block #5006
ANL 150 Amp Fuses
~10' of Red and Black 4AWG Wire
Connectors

I ended up returning the precut wire pictured. It was simple to just make my own small sections which I was originally worried about.

To connect the lugs to the ends of cut wire simply grab a dull chisel (or like thereof) and hammer the ends to crimp, the connection is fine.

While other write ups said it isn't necessary to use two fuses, I did to be on the safe side.

I also ran my Isolator into the dash so it starts up with ignition and grounded to where the main battery is grounded.

Here is my final setup

Finished in about 2.5 hours and right when the rain started.

Overall I'm happy with the outcome, glad it worked out and dont think I'm going to change anything major with this setup.

I also Installed my King 2.5 Coilovers with Adjusters. Install was straight forward and actually easy. It added the perfect amount of lift to get it nice and level. Very happy with the turnout.

I will eventually lift the rear a little bit (probably 1.5") but not wanting to lift it as high as my old 4th Gen.

And lastly, Installed my Hidden Winch Mount finally.

The Mount is made by Pelfreybilt. I purchased this years ago before anything had happened to the company, one point tried to sell it but didn't get any great offers and so I just decided to get it installed.

For the Winch I went with a Smittybilt X20 10k lb Wireless Winch. It isn't a warn but I ran Smittybilt on my 05 with no issues at all. Great winch for a fraction of the price.

Both fairlead and hook are Factor 55.

Overall I love it! Great winch and will be a nice ease to my mind when we are out in the snow.

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
What a great build, glad you updated the post so it moved to the top allowing me to find it. Gonna steal some ideas from you for mine. Thanks...

Reactions: A10MileHusker

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Installed my GZilla awning mounts in preparation for my new ARB 2500x2500 awning.

These mounts are built wonderfully and are extremely stout. Looking forward to getting the awning mounted to them

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

After a crazy couple weeks at work I was finally able to get my ARB 2500x2500 awning installed today. Can't wait to give a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCWages